fisher fires back

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickel, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

But that isnt what they did. To me it makes the situation look worse. He was talking about how Volek didnt work hard and was a distraction last season, and during the offseason. If that is the case then why not bring in Collins at the start of training camp?

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Because they had VY looking like he would be ready sooner than later, so they decided to ride it out short term with Volek and his short comings.
    The reason they didn't do that was because Volek threw a hissy and demanded a trade.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:applause:

4. Hoffa

And the reason Fisher says they didn't bring in Collins sooner was that until VY went down they hadn't thought about how vulnerable they were at the QB position with no experience there.

5. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Hell. Who Knows. We are all speculating at this point.
    But I still think this was a different situation going back to last year and the confrontation with Chow, etc...

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Thats ridiculous. Every one on this board knew we were vulnerable and inexperienced at the QB position. If Fisher didnt realize that then maybe he needs to start worrying about his own work ethic, because that wasnt really something that was hard to see.

7. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I don't know if it was done for that reason, but it may help.
    Fisher and Collins are both in a "damned if you do - damned if you don't" situation.
    OK. Maybe not so much Collins if he would play half way descent.:ha:

8. Hoffa

I'm not arguing whether it is or isn't ridiculous.
    Just playing devils advocate.

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Fisher acts like he does not know that the QB position is a fragile one? He was McNairs coach his entire career if I recall correctly. If he did not know that a QB could get hurt and it was a "suprise" when Young went down someone needs to show him some film of McNair and all the times he was hurt in a Titans uni.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I think he is cracking under pressure. When you think about it, this franchise has been in a really unique situation since coming to Nashville. When a city gets a new team it is either an expansion team, which nobody expects immediate success from, or its generally a bad team moving to a new city. In both cases however, the fans in the new city are excited for the first several years simply because they have a team, so they can over look the team struggling. But in the Titans case, the second year in the city, and first year in the new stadium and with the new nickname we go to the superbowl. The next year we are 13-3, 2 years later AFC championship game, and the next season another legitimate superbowl contender. Basically, they have been successful since they have been here and not had to face much turmoil or pressure from the fans. Last season it looked like Fisher lost the team, and this year it looks like he is losing the support of the city. And it appears he is cracking under the pressure of not having a top flight team, and quite frankly, he isnt giving the impression he can handle the heat from the fans and the city.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar