Fisher & Chris Johnson’s Salary should have been Reversed.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Sorry but this but I forgot a couple. Top coach's do not go into a game trying to win it by a field goal! Top coach's adjust to what the other team is doing, not do the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Top coach would not have made Bo Scaife a franchise TE the last 2 years. A top coach does not bring in Randy Moss and refuse to throw a hall of famer the ball. Top coach does not say that Moss and Britt (his 2 best wr) can not play on the field at the same time, because they play the same postition, but nate washington and justin gage can?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Do you have a team of preference that you'd like to see Fisher coaching next year other than the Titans?

3. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

Texans. Watch them get their hopes up thinking Fish will lead them to the Super Bowl, then watch them finish 8-8.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

There's your top coach for ya.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu8bbfAxmII

Following a 59-0 spanking, that's what a championship caliber coach would do, belittle himself and the team even more. What drive. :lol:

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Sorry to see that people here are focusing on the negatives. Fisher did a lot of great things for this team over the years, and has been a HUGE part of the franchises original identity in Nashville. He was a stabilizing force, a consummate professional, entertaining with the media, and a solid NFL coach.

I hope Munchak turns out well for us, and it was probably time for a change, but I'm not going to rewrite the past and pretend that Fisher was anything other than an asset to this team for most of the time that he was here.

6. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

This post is what it's all about....
    Fans in this state are so hell bent on having to place blame on something to feed their egos. It's similar to how Vols fans think of Phil Fulmer.

The Titans are who they are today because of Fisher. More than half of the fans on this site became bigger fans because of the run of success Fisher's Titans teams had.

It took the best playmaking defense (Ravens) in the history of American football to keep the 2001 team from winning the SB. Costly fumbles hurt in 2008. For the last 5 years Fisher had no Franchise QB and with VY not even making it to the end of his original contract Bud Adams knows he was at fault.

Bottom line is you can tell knowledgeable fans from disjointed fans by their thoughts of Jeff Fisher.

7. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

No. The guy is a really good coach and we could all settle some beefs if he landed somewhere with a true franchise QB or a big market or a proven owner that wants to win at all costs and not just sit on his oil money.

Until then it's just opinions but my opinion is the same as the most respected people around NFL football and the haters of Fisher are fans sitting on the couch that get attached to the next great player that comes out of college.

People here get upset by that.

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

That is how I identified you a few months ago...there are alot of us here who recognize what Fisher did for the franchise, but also recognize that he had gotten stale. Lack of a franchise QB does not cause a team to be among the highest penalized teams over the past few years. Lack of a franchise QB does not cause a defense to constantly get smoked by the same play again and again and again for a season.These are just a couple of non-VY related examples, and that is why alot of us wanted BOTH VY and Fisher out.

I also think that someone who refuses to recognize that there were other issues on the team, besides VY, that rightly contributed to Fisher's fate here is pretty disjointed in his own right.

9. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

dbc.......Personally, I like Fisher too, he did a fabulous job of transitioning this franchise from Houston to Nashville. I tend to side with management when it comes to personnel/player decisions.

With that said, after watching Munchak and his staff the past few months and hearing the players reactions, it's evident that Jeff and the franchise were stale and needed to move in a different direction...........for the good of the team. Jeff was burned out. As with VY or CJ, no individual is greater than the team as a whole.

I hope you can put the Titans ahead of Fisher in your fandom. I wish Jeff Fisher the best of luck going forward, he has been an ambassador for this city for a long time.

10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I am banking on fisher landing in a big market, with a media that will not let him control them like he did here. Its not hating the guy, but the facts are the facts, and he is basically an 8-8 coach that has a sub .500 playoff record.

The only ego that was getting feed the last couple of years ........was his!

I would love to see him in dallas with jerry jones!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar