Fisher: As long as we're winning, Collins is our QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

NO, when asked by a reporter, Fisher said VY had not been told yet...:moon2:

It's clear he's in Fisher's doghouse...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

just for you buddy i will deep fry wings and drown in sauce and post pic in the game thread next away game. :thumb:

got your back captain kangaroo. :brow:

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

He's our franchise QB. He's getting out soon and he will start soon.

4. Hoffa

Define franchise QB.
    The QB that takes up the most salary cap of the franchise? Yes, yes he is...

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

OK, the guy who is going to lead us in the future. He's shown so much promise at this point that we cannot just walk away. It would be as bad as trading PacMan, except it would be a QB. We would be the laughing stocks of the NFL for forever.

6. Hoffa

It would not compare to pacman in any shape of form.
    I never said anything about trading him, but if we did, we would be the laughing stock for having drafted him to begin with...

7. teegee

teegee Guest

I don't know what the future holds for Young, but him being the so-called "franchise QB" really means little at this point. There have been a a lot of guys who were high draft picks and considered their team's "franchise QB" who have crashed and burned in recent years -- for example, Michael Vick, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Alex Smith, Matt Leinart, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith...I could name some more guys, but these are some of the more recent ones who popped to mind right away.

Just because Young was a high draft pick and was considered the future of the franchise as recently as this offseason doesn't mean things can't change -- and change in a hurry.

It's possible he will be starting again in a few weeks when his knee is healed and his attitude is adjusted. But it's also possible that he's burned his bridges with the franchise.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't see VY starting again this year. Collins has an easy run of games coming up. He's going to be winning games. And he has that classic passing game that looks good to everyone. That will buy you a lot of support. I do not think he is the better qb. But I do think he will win 12 games this year on this team. We have too much talent not to make the playoffs.

Collins can and will be the starter next year after a season like that. That basically means that VY is out the door. I cannot imagine that VY will want to be a backup, or that the Titans will want him on the roster at his payscale. It's no longer a good match.

If I were to put myself in VY shoes, I would not want to be in Tennessee after being benched. I would be saying to myself, I blew off some steam, and all I did was go watch monday night football, and I turn around, and now I'm on the bench. And I get to stew on that for 5 weeks. I would be stewing that it was Fisher who blew this story out by calling the police, not me, and yet, after all this, he's going to use it to bench me too. If I were VY, and I'm just putting myself in his shoes, I would feel a lot like Billy Volek. I would feel like I did nothing to deserve any of this, and yet here I am. I'm injured, I was thrown out there for nothing, and I lost my job, and I have no control over any of that. I would have to swallow a lot of pride to remain a backup for 2 or more years under those circustances. It's one thing to benched, but it's another thing to feel as though a media blitz was launched against you threw no fault of your own ( this is what Vince will be thinking) , and to be injured, and then benched. That has got to be eating at him. It would be me. Especially when we've been winning football games, and I've had a few really good games in the last six, and now I have a new offense too. If I were Vince, that is what I would be thinking.

Now, I find it interesting that one day after Collins wins, he gets Fishers support as starter. Not before the game. But right after. I thought that to be very interesting myself. It seems to me the decision to start Collins had little to do with Vince, and more to do with Fisher wanting Collins. There's something to the timing of that decision that bothers me a bit. I think Fisher played this to his liking somehow. It was a bit of gamesmanship on his part from what I can tell.

All of that to say, VY will not fit in Tennessee at this point. He's probably wanting out. He wasn't happy to begin with, and now he's going to feel slighted. His chance at starting again for a good 2 years seems minimal. And he will be too costly to keep on the roster.

I see very little chance for VY to be the starter here. It's not adding up for me. It just isn't. I personally think it would be best to trade him in the offseason.

Anything can be made better. I've seen it before. But it would take Collins stinking up the joint for it to happen. And I'm not seeing that. VY went 19-11 with this team. Collins is going to be close to that. Which makes it a numbers game on one side and an emotional game going forward on the other. And on both sides, the feeling to push away will be there next year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

The guy passed for 168 and a td against the worst pass d in the league, should I be impressed? Not saying Young would do better but either way qb neeeds to be better

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

if you believe that then i feel sorry for you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar