Fisher and VY are Gone...What now?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by chamgel2, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

The organization has decided it's time for a fresh start. People have posted their plans in different threads, let's combine that into a discussion...So the question is, now that Fish and VY are both gone, where do we go from here for head coach and QB?
    Here is what I would do, hire Fewell has head coach, although I'd be fine with Mularkey or Munch, Fewell is my top choice. He would bring a fresh new energy to this team. As far as Qb, we trade our 2012 3rd round pick for Kyle Orton, and draft Christian Ponder in round 2. I think this is the best way to both compete now and build for the future.

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I actually still think that the final decision on HC will be based on how "the winds are blowing" with the CBA over the next couple of days. In a normal situation I would want Fewell, but if the FO senses there will be a lockout I think we will hire Munchak.

At QB, I see our more important move this season to be the FA pickup rather than the draft. I think that we need to look at McNabb (assuming he still has gas in the tank, which I am NOT really comfortable with), Orton, or someone like a Hasselback (although he is a one year play IMO). I think that we keep KFC as insurance at this point (depending on how the draft goes), and put Rusty on the practice squad regardless of the draft outcome.

Regarding the draft, I hope we draft Defense early, QB if we get a good opportunity for value (Ponder in 2-3, Kaepernick in 3-4), but keep focused on Defense and O Line.

I would want to take another look at the FAs coming up for the Titans for a complete list of recommendations, but I would work to keep Tulloch, although I would not break the bank to keep him.

3. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Vince Young?

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree with most everything you said, except the head coaching search. I do not think the CBA should have anything to do with who we pick. If Fewell is the top choice, then hire him, same with Munchak or Mularkey. We are not hiring a band-aid quick fix, we are hiring someone to come in and make this franchise a Super Bowl contender year in and year out.

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

As the first post stated, he is gone.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Fisher and VY are Gone...What now?

We win.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I hope that Adams passes over the keys to the organization to Adams Jr. next year. With Underwood retiring, Fisher getting fired, and Reinfeldt's contract expiring (I heard this somewhere) I want the guy at the top of the pyramid to change as well. It is my hope that we will have an entire new front office in 2012/2013 and I really don't see our team having any kind of prolonged success until we do.

That being said whoever we bring in to be our head coach will succeed based on wither or not he brings in competent coaches and actually listens to them. The thing that made me grind my teeth about Fisher is the fact that he would bring in his "buddies" (i.e. Hemindinger, Cecil, Lowery) and for whatever reason we would see no change what so ever in terms of our game plan.

As for our QB situation I think we will either go after Cam Newton at number 8 or take Kaepernick at 40. (note: not saying that who I want but our last three franchise guys have been Moon, McNair, and Young.) I would like to see us go with Miller/Amukamara in the first and then draft Kaepernick in the 2nd/3rd but my second choice would be Ponder. Either way we need to bring in two veteran QB's this off season (Yeah two. I am not comfortable with going into the season with our starter backed up by a rookie and Rusty Smith).

In a way though I am glad to get this Fisher/Young crap out of here as I am tired of the childishness and stupidity from both sides. Our franchise is bleeding right now; it is time to cauterize the wound and keep going.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Good post....no offense, but I pray you are wrong about us taking Cam in round 1. He is the one QB I absolutely do not want. I'd be fine with Kaepernick in round 3, but personally, I hope the organization goes the route of a pocket passer this time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CheeseheadTitan

Don't get me wrong...I am not saying that it "should", I am saying that it "is". I think that alot of intelligence over where the CBA process is going will get gathered over the weekend, and the decision on who is taken (outside, inside) will telegraph to me where the FO thinks the negotiations are going.

10. CheeseheadTitan

I think alot of folks are saying that he is going to be a Viking next year. With Favre gone and Tavaris Jackson present, VY has a decent shot to start for them if he goes there (assuming he grows up a bit).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar