Fisher and Titans are completely lost without Vince Young.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erut07

erut07 Camp Fodder

Huh? Consistency that enhanced the offensive line? He hasn't been allowed to play an entire season since 2007, and even then, in his 2nd year and not nearly as good as he is now, he got this team to the playoffs...

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

A few tweaks - that's funny. I find it stranger when folks are willing to throw their lot in with a QB with an unstable, diva non-warrior like VY.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

There is only one person this team is willing to follow. And it ain't Fisher. It's time for Fisher to hand over his Kingdome and believe.

4. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

really i find that hard to belive when the giants won a SB with eli. dont you dare say he is the caliber that manning, brees or brady is because he aint even close

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yes, some mediocre QBs have won the Super Bowl. Those occasions are very rare, very lucky and there is almost always an absolutely dominant defense involved (Giants, Ravens, Buccaneers).

Since the Titans are about 11 players away from a dominant defense, I'll take my chances and replace the 1 player who is holding this team back on offense: Vince Young.

Getting an elite franchise QB allows a team to compete for the Super Bowl every single year. Since the Titans don't have an elite franchise QB, I think they should take another shot at getting one.

If you guys want to wait for the stars to align and the Titans (and the magical dominant defense they don't have) to hit the jackpot and win the Super Bowl despite Vince Young's poor play, you're going to be waiting a long time and you're going to be very disappointed.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Guys like Manning, Brady, Brees, Montana, Young- realize it is about the TEAM. Guys like Dilfer, Hostetler, Rypien, and Brad Johnson won Super Bowls because of the TEAM.

Vince's immaturity and ego-centric (vis-a-vis "Diva") actions and behavior reflect NOTHING remotely similar to those type of Super Bowl winning QBs. Can you imagine even ONE of them quitting on their team? How about twice and cursing their coach out in front of the team?

Vince's character flaws of arrogance and immaturity will neither inspire confidence and respect from his team-mates nor will it deliver a Super Bowl. 5 years is long enough to determine that. Any more time is throwing good time/money after bad. Same with Fisher.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Vince didn't quit on the team. He quit on Fisher. And the so did the rest of the team too.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

And this makes it okay?

If the team is going to follow the lead of the QB, then it needs a QB who isn't a quitter.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. globelieves

globelieves Starter

He may have said he didn't quit on the team, but by quitting on Fisher he actually did quit on the team and the fans! He didn't have his team's back when he stormed out. Nor the fans. Saying he didn't quit on the team really only means he wasn't mad at them.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:applause:

Quitting on your coach in front of your team IS quitting on your team. Trying to make a distinction otherwise sounds like something that goes on inside Vince's "praise me" jug-head.

When the going gets tough, Vince gets gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar