Fisher and his 'Keep it Close Mentality'

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rock8titans, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yeah only because fisher went out of character and went for it and failed in the previous possession. It was a bad call not to just take the points on those occasions.

Yet another example of a coach who was so mystified at Peyton Manning that he goes out of character and makes a bad call.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Your point is nonsense because we were not ahead and his aggressive play calling and a lack of confidence in our defense cost us a chance in the end.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bullcrap!

We proved that to be the wrong strategy by holding them to just 3 more points all game and getting an onside kick.

3 times we were at the colts 14 or closer and in those 3 trips we got a total of 3 points. I like 9 points a lot more than 3.

We needed those 6 points!

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't blame Fisher for going for it late in the third.

Even if you don't put it into the end zone, you force Peyton to go 99 yards. The Titans nearly got a safety and the Colts punted. But the Titans blew it on the following drive as well.

Three points there means kicking off to Peyton who starts at his own 25-30. On their previous series, Manning drove the ball 58 yards using over six minutes before the missed FG.

5. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

This is very bad logic that lots of fans engage in and they almost always do a lousy job of speculating what could have would have happened in a given situation! (and i find this rather disturbing given the fact that hollywood has put out several films tackling the chaos theory and the fact that if you travel back in time and change one small thing, your future changes completely.)

Folks if Fisher elected to kick that field goald the first time round, then the game would not have played out the same. Titans would have had to kick of to the colts, and with our bad special teams colts would have got the ball back at minimum their own 35 yd line (which was about their average field position at that point in the game) and at worst they could have returned that kick off for a td given the sorry state of our special teams.

Fisher elected to go for it on 4th down at the one, not because he didnt have faith in his defense. Matter of fact he had to have had supreme faith in his defense and the fact that they stopped manning and the colts preventing them from getting a first down proves his call was right on this instance.

The colts kicked the ball back to the titans who i believe got it into the colts territory on the punt.
    I have to say that i really hate Jeff fisher and would love to cut off his balls myself so i feel really dirty defending this moron's decisions on the field!

I do agree with the folks who say that this over dependence on CJ is really hurting the team. Lendale white has not lost a step, matter of fact he is faster and a better running back. Fisher yet again has one of his stupid gripes with a player and that dog crap from Fisher is costing us wins. It should have been lendale white on every single play once the ball crossed the 10 yard line. He did this consistently for us all of last year, did it once this year against the jets and(and against the texans) now our moron supreme head coach gives him one paltry carry in the redzone where the play is called back on a holding penalty at the one and into the game comes one of the lightest RBs in the league to pound the ball into the endzone.

This is Fisher's stupidity and childish grudge holding that is hurting us.:grrr:

Some body fire this moron already.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Read much? I said I heard a clip of him after the game saying his plan was to keep it close and hopefully win it in the end, that's what he says against every team no matter who it is, after every game, it's a dumb mentality.

It was just a general statement (complaint and/or observation) I was making, which didn't really relate to the game except the fact it was said after the game by Fisher.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Agreed. The problem wasn't going for it, the problem was the play selection inside the redzone. The fade, Scaife's short pass pattern. I don't get why we didn't pound it with Hall and CJ/White after Young's fumble...

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

In general Keep it close is 8-8 at the end of the day and for the most part that is what fisher is an 8 and 8 coach. Liked the aggresive play calls and had we kicked field goals the colts dont play prevent and they score 40

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If we can't stop a kick return and we can't stop the other teams offense then there is no strategy that would have worked. the objective on offense is the get points not to make peyton have a longer field. We had an automatic 3 points within a period of a 5 minutes in the game and got nothing.

That strategy is what you would use if you are florida atlantic playing florida.

Why do you defend what he did and then say he is a rotten coach? Confused? And while i am criticizing his strategy that cost us 6 points it wasn't fisher who dropped a sure TD pass and it wasn't fisher who got the 15 yard penalty that gave the colts a free 3.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So? His strategy in the game was not to play close and take whatever points were there so it is moronic to complain about that here. He went for it on 4th down 2X that is not typical fisher strategy. Fisher like many of the posters here are so bug eyed intimidated by peyton manning they think a FG is worthless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar