Fisher # 3 in Best Coaches list

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I feel you, but the grass is always greener...
    If the Titans lost 13 straight games under a new coach I think most Fisher haters, you excluded of course, would be begging to have him back.

My only real problem w/ Fisher is that he's too stuborn to admit he's f'd up until it's way too late to fix the problem.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

See, this just doesn't make sense to me. You'd rather sacrifice the long-term stability and overall well-being of the organization just to try something new.

When Jeff Fisher does something that warrants his firing, I'll be with you. But going 3-13 with a new staff and trying to bring in the right players for their system takes a while, especially if we make the wrong decision and bring in someone like Romeo Crennell or Jim Mora JR. That's how organizations like the Bills go from four Super Bowl appearances to having a revolving door at HC.

Wade Phillips was fired because of one play. The Bills have never recovered.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep. One of the big reasons BA has stuck it out. Fisher is "this close" and BA knows it.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Jon Gruden. The guy is fiery and awesome, more or less coached two super bowl teams in the same year, and had a lot of good things to say about us during the preseason game against the Cardinals. He's a good coach with a winning attitude, and he knows how to dissect and analyze the QB, which would help Vince Young tremendously.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. globelieves

globelieves Starter

My favorite part of the article was the irony of Leinart giving the quote used to praise Ken Whisenhunt.

6. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Let Chucky stay on t.v., please. He was the most interesting part of the preseason...I think he's found his calling.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

dissect, analyze, bench and discard QBs - lol

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I would definitely be behind Jon Gruden, but I'd hate to see him leave MNF, he's the only one on there worth a dam.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I wonder if people use the Jeff Fisher treatment with everything else in life?

"Man, this job... it's ok. Sure, I'm never going to get that big promotion but at least I'm not doing landscaping... I sure would love to make more money, but I don't want another job because it might be worse! So... I'll stay here. Forever. Being average. Forever. Because I can't take the chance on success. It's too risky."

"My girlfriend? She's ok I guess. I mean, she doesn't sleep around on me. That's a plus. Nah, I'm not truly happy with her but if I ever date someone else they might not be as good of a cook. So I'll keep her. May even give her a contract extension with an engagement ring. Nah, because there are no RINGS in this analogy."

"My car gets me from point A to point B. Sometimes it breaks down, but overall it's dependable. I wouldn't expect it to make it through a road-trip out of state or anything, but it does ok. A new car... well you never know what you're going to get with a new car. It might be a lemon. I'll drive this one for as long as I can."

Only in Tennessee. Fisher would have been fired 5 years ago in any other organization.

10. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

That's an unbelievably common train of thought, though. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Maybe you think a different way, but millions of people think precisely the way you described. It's not insane to think 1 out of 32 men (Bud Adams) thinks that way when it comes to head coaches.

EDIT: Well, I guess not quite 32 with Green Bay but still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar