First Shot at Complete Titans Offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clint8, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

HEAD COACH:
    Lovie Smith - Previously the head coach of the Chicago Bears.
    Mike Zimmer - Currently the defensive coordinator of the Cincinnati Bengals.
    David Shaw - Currently the head coach of the Stanford Cardinals.

CUT:
    David Stewart OT, Titans - $6.4 million saved
    Kamerion Wimbley DE, Titans - $2.4 million saved
    Ryan Fitzpatrick QB, Titans - $3.25 million saved
    Moise Fokou ILB, Titans - $1.4 million saved

Total Saved: $13.45 million

FREE AGENCY:
    Alterraun Verner CB, Titans (Resign)
    Bernard Pollard SS, Titans (Resign)
    Damian Williams WR, Titans (Resign)
    Julius Peppers DE, Bears (Cut)

DRAFT:
    ***TRADE DOWN to late teens for 1st and 3rd Round Picks***
    1st Round - CJ Mosley ILB, Alabama
    ***TRADE UP to top of 2nd for 2nd and 4th Round Picks***
    2nd Round - Antonio Richardson OT, Tennessee/Cameron Irving OT, Florida State
    3rd Round - Jimmy Garoppolo QB, Eastern Illinois
    5th Round - Kenny Ladler FS, Vanderbilt
    6th Round - Isaiah Crowell RB, Alabama State
    7th Round - Glen Carson ILB, Penn State

UDFA: Solomon Patton WR/KR, Florida
    Jeffery Whitaker DT, Auburn
    Chandler Catanzaro K, Clemson

ROSTER:
    QB - Jake Locker (25), Jimmy Garoppolo (23)
    RB - Chris Johnson (28), Shonn Greene (28), Isaiah Crowell (20)
    FB - Collin Mooney (27), Craig Stevens (29)
    WR - Nate Washington (30), Justin Hunter (22), Kendall Wright (24), Damian Williams** (25), Solomon Patton
    TE - Delanie Walker (29), Craig Stevens (29), Taylor Thompson (24)
    OT - Michael Roos (31), Antonio Richardson (21), Byron Stingley (25)
    OG - Chance Warmack (22), Andy Levitre (27)
    OC - Brian Schwenke (22), Kevin Matthews (26)

DE - Derrick Morgan (24), Julius Peppers (33), Karl Klug (25), Lavar Edwards (23)
    DT - Jurrell Casey (23), Mike Martin (23), Sammie Lee Hill (27), Jeffery Whitaker (22)
    OLB - Zach Brown (24), Akeem Ayers (24), Zavier Gooden (23), Patrick Bailey (28)
    MLB - CJ Mosley (22), Colin McCarthy (25), Glen Carson (22)
    CB - Jason McCourty (26), Alterraun Verner** (24), Coty Sensabaugh (25), Blidi Wreh-Wilson (23), Tommie Campbell (26)
    S - Michael Griffin (28), Bernard Pollard** (28), Kenny Ladler (21), Daimion Stafford (22)

K - Rob Bironas (35), Chandler Catanzaro (22)
    P - Brett Kern (27)
    LS - Beau Brinkley (23)

BLUE = Draft Pick
    GREEN = Free Agent Signing
    ** = Resigning
    PURPLE = UDFA

NOTE:
    - That's only 48 players listed on the roster, and so we would still have 5 roster spots for another DE, OG, maybe a veteran backup QB (not expensive), and then a few more additions.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I can tell you put alot of time into this, great work. A few things:

- I'm not sold on having Jimmy as our backup QB, especially with Locker always being hurt. It would be nice to add a cheap vet QB, as you said.

- I doubt we carry two kickers, but this Catanzaro dude could be a practice squad guy.. I guess.

- I think it's time to get rid of Tommy Campbell, or atleast bring him in some competition. McCourty, Verner, & Sensabaugh are all legit. Haven't seen a ton from Blidi and have been disappointed with Campbell. I'd love to bring in a later round CB to fight for that 5th spot, I know we also have Wooten who we drafted this year. Perhaps maybe a cheat vet FA to also battle.

- I'm ready to move on from Stevens. He makes too much to be a backup TE and Thompson is a better blocking TE then him already. Cutting him saves us some $$.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

And cut Chris Johnson

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

- Thanks for the compliment! I had forgot to mention that Catanzaro would be brought in to compete with Bironas and see who wins out. There's actually 49 guys listed, but I forgot to mention that I expected one of the two kickers not to make it. Thanks for pointing that out!

- As far as Tommie Campbell goes, I think Wooten should be given the first shot but yeah, I'm about over Campbell as well.

- Craig Stevens is another guy I contemplated cutting to save even more cap space, but I wasn't sure how it would go over on the boards. Good call.

- One question, out of these two options based off of my projected mock offseason.. which would you rather have?

1st - CJ Mosley LB, Alabama
    3rd - Jimmy Garoppolo QB, Eastern Illinois

or...

1st - Blake Bortles QB, Central Florida
    3rd - Chris Borland LB, Wisconsin

I went back on forth on this for awhile and am still not sold.. I love Borland and think he is so underrated, but with people thinking we are still committed to Locker somewhat, I wasn't sure if going QB in round 1 was the way to go. I will say this.. Brown at WLB, Mosley at MLB, and Ayers at SLB would give us some of the most athletic, versatile LBs in the entire NFL for what I would hope to be years.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

CJ Mosely. Great. A middle linebacker in the first round. THIS TEAM IS GOING PLACES!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

Mosley*

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Sucks*

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

This

:cj:GTFO

9. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

If you'd cut Johnson, who would you think they should target in free agency to replace him? I mean, Greene could take over the #1 role I guess, but I was just curious to see who you had in mind.

10. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

So, I take it out of the two options I asked.. you'd go with option B? Haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar