First-Pick Mock Drafts

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Apr 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

i would be thrilled to have a draft like this.....get your CB, DE, RB and then OT ....then still getting one of the fastest WRs in the draft

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TexasTitanFan

TexasTitanFan Starter

If we sign Clowney:
    Round 2 Pick 9 (CLE): Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 29: Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 10 (CLE): Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 29: Matt Peart, OT, Connecticut (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 28: Quez Watkins, WR, So. Miss (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 10: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 23: James Morgan, QB, FIU (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 29: Myles Dorn, FS, North Carolina (A+)

And if we dont:
    We have a hard time getting a good edge without trading up and losing picks. Basically means settling for 2 or 3 steps down at every other position of need.
    Not a huge fan of Clowney, but it sure seems to be good for the team to sign him and draft without the edge need.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

We have Landry, Beasley with Roberson and Correa as backups..... Both Roberson and Beasley started to come on at the end of the year... I think we can a mid rnd situational edge rusher

personally I think we are in more need of a penetrating DT and CB as our top priority need

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I love the cameron clark pick and the Blankenship pick. I think we could wait(or trade back) to get a corner that is as good if not better than Gladney. Madubuike wouldn't be a bad pick up at the end of the 2nd. If we choose to wait on a Dlineman i think he could very well be there, so I'd be happy if that we the case. Jordan elliot is another possibility if we wait til the 2nd to grab a dlineman. I do worry about waiting on getting a dlineman though, the class is just so thin this year. We'd be taking a big risk on not getting one at all. And with our current situation we can't afford for that to happen imo.

Idk much about cam akers, ill have to watch some of his games. But i do like the idea of going rb in the 3rd.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

If we don't sign Clowney, then we need to resign Logan 110%. If that happens, then then no need for an early CB.

I'm hoping it's DT and RB with our first 2 picks.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

This ^

7. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

not first pick, but its my first and only of the year.

mockkkkkk.png

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

No way Taylor goes 61 lol.

Don't care for Baun. OLB is not a need for us.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

My question about RB is that we need a 3rd down back and so someone who is experienced in pass protection and picking up the blitzes....do you all feel comfortable with a rookie playing that role??? I just don't see us putting Tanny's health in jeopardy with a rookie RB as our 3rd down guy.

I could see us drafting a RB late whose role is to give Henry a blow every once in a while, and then picking up a vet in FA who is more of the 3rd down guy.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

When you look at it that way, it makes total sense. I just don't want Henry to be the sole horse. I want a 2 headed horse to help prolong Henry for as long as possible. I just don't care to bring in a vet to fill just a 3rd down role.

We can't have that back that only comes in on obvious passing downs. We need to mix it up and confuse the hell out of the defense.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I just want to preserve Henry for the latter part of the season, because I truly think he can continue his success from last season and eventually run us to the promised land.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar