Fire this entire coaching staff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by wrench248, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

For the most part, I liked what I saw offensively today. I like that Palmer basically said screw the run game and aired it out and Jake executed nearly flawlessly. Washington continues to be a warrior, gotta love that guy. Oline looked better, thought CJ looked better until OT.

What I didn't like was the defense. Enough with the safetys playing 30 yards deep. We're gonna get smoked every game if Gray doesn't have some faith in the front seven and rushing the QB a bit more. The only highlight on D was Verner who I maintain should have gotten that McCourty contract.

Maybe we can pull it all together and at least finish with a respectable record. Hopefully the offense wasn't just a fluke today.

2. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

Remember when we looked at the schedule before the season started - most of us said if we start 2-2 we make the playoffs.

Next week is huge.

It means we weathered the storm and can look forward. If the defense and running game can improve (neither are a lost cause just yet) we can make a run.

If the Broncos can come back here against the Texans - next week is for first place.

TD Broncos as I type.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

That is one of the most bold faced lies I've ever heard by a coach. Anyone who has played their fair share of football knows that is a bunch of B.S. So the QB was told to not snap the ball at any point, and the center mistakenly snapped the ball? Huh? How is it that the ENTIRE offensive line fired off the ball at the snap then? If the play was to not snap the ball for any reason, trust me, the O-line as a whole would not fire off the ball in full attack mode. Clearly a QB sneak was called, they were trying to get us to jump off sides for sure but that was the play call, no question. Obviously Schwartz is trying to pass the buck on his bone-headed mistake, he clearly does not want to take the heat for this monumental mistake.

4. ToddTheTitan

Looks like the Texans are going to pull it out.

Next week is huge regardless of 1st place on the line.

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

If the Texans win a Super Bowl before us...

I'm not sure I could deal with that.

6. ToddTheTitan

They got lucky today against an average Broncos team. Broncos got a ton of pressure on Schaub. When the play-action isn't working their passing game becomes below average.

No chance in hell.

7. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

I know, it was sarcasm on my part. hahahaha But he really did say that when questioned.

8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

You are pretty wrong there.

1) The QB didn't snap it. He was going through his cadence but you could see in his face he didn't know it was coming.

2) No one but the center moved on the snap. it was the reason we stopped it. The clueless announcers even caught that one.

Don't get me wrong; it is idiotdic, I agree. How to fail to communicate that to all the players is beyond me. But only 1/11 guys was ready to do on offense.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We weren't using that scheme in the last minute, all we do is sit in zone and have our safeties 25+ yards back. Hey it works but only if you have a pass rush...we don't have a pass rush.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This is what I preached all off season. I figured we would lose to the Pats, Chargers and this game are toss ups, and picked Houston to win next week. Hopefully we can get that W next week because that will go a long way for our playoff hopes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar