FIRE MUNCHAK (ongoing)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Astrophysics, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Go ahead and give up on Munch being fired before the end of the season. Like him or not, hes been with this organization for 30 years and firing him tomorrow does nothing.

Doing so would be a slap in the face.

At the end of the season... maybe, but I think hes back next year.

2. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

That's what I expect, fully. "He's such a nice guy, let's keep him around!"

If they do, then he better be the O-line coach, and nothing more.

3. Alzarius

Has nothing to do with him being a nice guy.

4. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

And the fact he's a hall of famer, and has been with the organization for about 30 years?

5. Alzarius

Ive explained it in several other threads. To sum it up as quickly as possible, I dont think Munch is horrible. No QB, a ****** line (which is one of my biggest knocks on Munch), and players flat out sucking has been our downfall this season. (in my opinion) The coaching, and players, have been in all but one game this season and with a few bounces going our way, we could easily be the front runner in the division. I basically cant blame Munch for people dropping passes, fumbling, ect, ect. If i could see him visibly getting out coached, like I have in the past with Fisher, then Id be screaming for a change like I was when Fisher was here.

I do not have a problem with people saying "well he is the guy responsible for the product on the field" because in the end, thats what the head coach is. However a lot of the complaints I have seen, have been nothing more than pissed off fans (rightfully so) looking for a scapegoat and whos the best one, other than the head coach.

I think once they all sit around and evaluate all the facts, itll be hard to fire him unless they have a chance to snag a "big name" or someone that most teams will be chasing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

If you have really blurry vision the spots will look like stripes lol.

7. Rudad

Rudad Starter

But we could have lost the San Diego game and the raiders just as easy as saying we could have won this one or that one. To me except for the Jets game. , this team has underachieved all year. Ok wait until end of year but then it should happen.

8. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

Well, Head coaches are supposed to provide motivation, and get players moving their asses, on top of a strategy to get the win. Problems can be blamed in almost any direction, and yeah, a lot of the players are crap on the offensive side, but every game I've watched, Munchak is on the side lines looking like he doesn't even know what state he's in, doesn't know what to do next, besides lay down and take it.

He doesn't seem to have any passion for it, and all I ever hear him say about players is they bring "Energy", all these players he says bring energy, and they make sure to do as little as possible.

Munch could do fine if he was where he was before, maybe, but I don't think he's leadership material, either way. He may not need to be fired, but I wouldn't be against him being demoted.

Hell, this team just needs a full overhaul in so many places.

9. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Munch was told at end of last year playoffs or be gone. He knew that they spent 100 million in free agency and he prepared his team for what could be another year after this one or a pink slip. Well yes they are improved with more talent the 0-4 division record with 2 teams the jags and texans a combined 6-20. And the colts got killed by St. Louis and Arizona. Not acceptable. That's not even average, that's below average . . Time to turn this ship around. Where has it been sailing the last. 3 years?

10. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Yes. Rage is what we need. Its the mark of greatness in a coach. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar