Fire Jeff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

What a coincidence ... I would love for ya'll to have Fisher to

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Also as an old Oilers fan (not from Houston though) I hear you about Bud. However, as a Titans fan, I am indebted to Bud for bringing Nashville and the state an NFL franchise.

I think that Fisher is a good coach, makes average players overachieve, but is not a great gameday coach (never has been, IMO). After 17 seasons with the franchise, I think that he is getting stale here, and it is nearing time for a change.

Yesterday I thought it looked like Fisher lost the team (we just laid down for you all). Fortunately (for both of us) the Hags and Colts lost yesterday, keeping our mediocre division wide open. If Fisher can't get the team motivated against the Hags next week the writing should be getting written on the wall IMO. However, knowing the way Bud is, I would bet that he will not want to buy out Fisher's $6+ million last year on the contract, so we will likely see him here next year either way.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CricketChapman

CricketChapman Camp Fodder

Unfortunately, this is probably what is going to happen. And Titans fans will be forced to endure more agony from mediocrity.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Nope, it's from Rusty in the after the game quotes.

5. Illegal Hit

Illegal Hit Starter

Fisher has to go. This past Sunday it looked like the rest of the team walked out on him.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Actually... having Jeff Fisher's mediocre seasons would still be better than the mediocre seasons they've been having.

They'll have 1 or 2 more wins! But still be .500 or less.

7. twinsfan2

twinsfan2 Camp Fodder

the problem with a players coach, is there is more of a friendship than a work relationship. The players (most of em anyway) know Fish has their back, and they his. However, when things start to go bad, Fish doesn't have separation to make them work harder. Kind of like working for a friend, you get lazy and take advantage of the relationship. It might cost him his job, but with the lockout coming, Bud isn't letting anyone go as he could not find anyone to take the job. We are in the same boat with Kub, McNair can't let him go, because he won't be able to find anyone to take a job with out a season. No ota's, no mini camps, only maybe Mike Leach would like the chance!

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I wouldn't care if he survived, as long as the people making the decisions and gameplan were the coordinators and Fisher was a quiet figurehead.

Oh. That's not going to happen?

Then he needs to go.

I'd give Vince another year to see how he does untethered, and because the prospect of drafting a productive rookie or promising veteran better than Young are still pretty low. I wouldn't expect Dinger to be coach, but I might give him a co-offensive coordinator for his battle, like Munchak, who knows the running game, too.

I'd bring in Kyle Shannahan, Greg Williams or some other defensive mind who can either develop Cecil upward or outward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar