Finny on his Potential Departure...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

And yea a free agent would be nice.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The second stop (after drafting the right guys) in building a real contender is keeping your best players. Losing Finny would be a monumental screw up.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

He'll be franchised. We don't pay players top money.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Really? We're paying CJ 50 million- and that was unwarranted.

Ask David Givens if we pay well. Ask Nate Washington. Ask Chris Hope.

You guys and your blind "We don't pay" nonsense kills me every time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Finnegan, as much as I am a fan of the player and the person, is not top 5 CB, but he is the best Titan on D. Sign him with the 'threat' of putting the franchise tag on him

Best I can tell they are only seperated on $$s so remove Hope and Scott and there you go wheelbarrows full of CAP

6. amy

amy Starter

Hopefully, that's what they'll do. I really can't see them trading Finney. That's just dumb. Oh wait, they paid a non productive running back the farm, didn't they? There's seems to be no reading of the Titan organization mind. That's assuming they have one, of course. :D

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I hope we can keep Finny and I think we will re-sign Babs. I think Babs feels so comfortable playing in Gray's system that he won't want to leave. He isn't going to get big money thrown his way so we will be able to match it.

Has anyone seen a projection of our cap space for next yr? I think we will have quite a bit of room heading into FA.

8. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

CJ was kind of the face of the franchise for the past few years. Us not signing him would likely cause a pretty big backlash from a lot of fans even though not signing him was probably better for the future of the team.

Finnegan is a huge part of our team and probably just as important or more important than CJ, but most people don't even know that or don't look at him in that way. It would be very easy for the FO to just let him go and a very small percentage of Titans fans would be really upset.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

sadly that is probably spot on

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What part of "top money" were you unable to understand? Don't bother answering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar