Finny on his Potential Departure...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

its not the worst idea ever. Would get more talent on the field. problem is CF might be too small to be effective at SS. FS might be more his thing IMO, plus that would remove 33 from the Titans - BAM! instand upgraded D

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The best position for Finnegan is exactly what they are doing with him this year. Use him in the Charles Woodson role.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I figured GoT would want Finny gone since he wastes so much time working with charities and spending time with his kid when he could be watching film or backpedaling or something.:grrhee::)

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

agreed Toronto. Gray is definatly getting the best out of CF

CF takes care of business during the offseason. He needs too stop whinning like a girl about his contract though

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm not even gonna read al of the negativity that's been posted in this thread. Just gonna say my piece and respond to those post directed at me.

We've got to do better as a whole if we want to truly be a great franchise. And I'm talking about the players, the FO, and the fanbase (that include us posters who also actively influence the fanbase).

We need to take care of the guys who make us better as a unit. The ones who win games. The name of the game is winning and when you have winners and playmakers on your team we need to take care of them.

In this particular situation, IMO, we have a player that is stating that he wants to stay with the franchise. He WANTS to remain a Titan. He's alerting the public about the nature of our organization and this business and now we have posters throwing him under the bus for it.

I think what most of these players want is job security if they are performing at a high level. The SAME thing we want as employees at wherever we choose to make our living. If we've found a place where we want to work, and are happy to work at, than we should do everything possible to keep that job. I can't fault Finny for any of his sentiment and would like to hear some arguments for why he is at fault over his statement from some of you who have thrown him under the bus.

For the first time in a while, we've got a shot at playoffs and actually exceeded early expectations. We've got a great core of guys. Finny is one of the few vets that we have who is performing at a level to keep up with our young guys. Some of you posters are big on leadership...well we've got a leader on our team and I feel like we should fight for him.

As a fan, I'll do whatever I need to do to keep Finny as a fan. And to Finny, because I know you guys probably read these things sometime, I appreciate what you do for the team every Sunday.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

my only complaint is the timing. Could this not have waited till day 1 after the Titans season ended?

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Yeah. He could have gone with a more politically correct answer, but that same kind of passion and honesty is what makes him the player that he is...

I have zero doubt that he will give 100% to the team for the rest of the season.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Finnegan was asked the question by Wyatt. He should have said something like "I'm letting my agent handle that. Right now, my focus right now is beating Indy and making the playoffs".

That answer doesn't even make the papers.

If Finnegan wants to be a Titan, he can. But I'm thinking he's not going to compromise just to remain in Nashville. I think he's probably already turned down an offer.

I've already said the team should be negotiating with his agent NOW. Though the tag is there, it's expensive and, IMO, the team nor Finn want to see it used. It could lead to a holdout and end up with many of his fans feeling towards him the same as they did when he walked out of camp.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I don't mind finny speaking the truth... To me it sounded like he was genuinely concerned he might not play for the titans next year... I like that.

It's odd, the players are supposed to do what we always hated fisher for doing, being vague... Yet we want munchack to spew all the details and hate the beat around the bush answers.

I can't fault finny. We don't exactly have a ton of free agent pull... And one of our leaders wants to be here... Pay him. Please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar