Finnegan Leading Candidate to Replace Pacman in Return Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though a number of players are working to fill the hole left by Pacman Jones in the return game, DB Cortland Finnegan appears to be leading the group. Special teams coach Alan Lowry said Finnegan gives the Titans the best chance to minimize drop-off for both punt returns and kickoff returns from last season. "He's got the most quickness, and he's really explosive," Lowry said. "He's strong for his size a lot like Pac was. So we'll give him the first shot and see what happens." Many times when Pacman Jones broke free, Finnegan was running stride for stride by his side. The Titans plan on using a number of return candidates during the preseason including RB Chris Henry and WRs Brandon Jones, Courtney Roby and Chris Davis.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

That is true when pacman returned the ball against new england, Cortland Finnegan was running right next to him blocking!! :yes:

3. CFinn did this every play!! He was there when Tony Brown returned that Touchdown and he was there when pac-man returned it during the eagles game and he returned that fumble for touchdown!! He is fast and maybe will do stuff for us this year!! Its like everytime We punted the ball CFinn was the first one down there!!

4. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

Im all for Finnegan getting the PR duties. They're right he is fast and elusive and was beside Pacman step for step every time. IMHO I think Finnegan might do better than Pacman because he really is soo fast and quick.

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I would love to see Finn step up and have a good year returning punts but let's get real here... He couldn't hold Pac's jock.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"return game can withstand the loss of pacman, titans say"

i say bull****. if we had someone that was almost as good as he was, they would have been back there already so we weren't endangering our best corner; just like when we took mason off returns.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Righto!

8. DJB

DJB Starter

It didn't say "return game will be just as good despite the loss of pacman"
    it said they could withstand it

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I think Finny is Fast and has a few moves. Not exactly Pac Man, but he was a freak of Nature in the return game. I think Finny Could break a few.

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Looking at the fumble for TD last year, I suppose he could be a good fit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar