Fellas, come in, sit down, discuss....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Mrs, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

No.

Well, that's just personal experience. I've never been good or close friends with a girl for longer than around 2 years, without something coming up.
    I also had a girl leave me for someone that was just a "friend".

You've got some good advice here. Maybe tone it down some. Make efforts for the guy friends to hang with the guy, and see how you are around the guys. Communication is the biggest thing I guess.

I also wonder "you need to get rid of these phone friends"... Do you think maybe he just wants more of your attention when you are both at home, instead of you being on the phone with some other dudes? I dunno if that's the correct context from your orig.post.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Ive been friends with a girl at work for 4 years, i eat lunch with her everyday and she hangs out with me and the guys sometimes. nothing has ever happened and i even talk about her to my wife. she's only meet my wife once. You can be friends with an attractive girl as long as you want to. It'll end quick though if you try to make it something more.

Every guy needs at least 1 good girl friend, they come in very handy and can always hook you up with their friends if you become single again.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

First of all, I made it pretty clear it was my personal view. Why will it end quick if I try to make it something more? I've had long relationships with attractive women that started as friendships that weren't supposed to go further. If anything, I've never really been turned down by someone that was a friend for a long time. It just ruined the friendship.

Now I'm sure it would end quick if you tried...

I'm great friends with a girl. However she is an ex-girlfriend. We also aren't hang out, go out drinking friends. She's married with kids. But we are still close regardless.

I do agree it's nice to have girls for friends because it opens up opportunities.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

All depends on levels too. If the friends are ugly and you're attractive- no one is really going to care. Or if you're ugly and your other knows your friend is on a different level...

but if you're both attractive and people would expect you to be together? Makes everything different.
    Like my wife knows I can hang around all the average girls in the world- nothing would happen, just because I wont date a girl that doesn't dress right, look right, talk right, act right, etc.

Standards and levels play a big role in situations like these.

5. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

My apologies! lol

Well then, did you always have guy friends or just recently obtain them?

If always, then I'd say that he must be getting an impression that you are either spending too much time with them lately or that they have taken a bit too much interest in you as of late.

If just recently, then I'd have to say that I can understand his concern. As would you if the roles were reversed. Give it some time and make him feel secure over this and things should calm down a bit.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I've either

A) Slept with a girl i've been "friends" with
    B) Fell in love with a girl i've been "friends" with (that never works out)
    C) Wanted to have sex with a girl i've been "friends" with (usually never works out)

never just, "been friends with" a girl.

Sorry to break the hard, awful truth. But there it is.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

IMO the percentage that either parties aren't interested in the slightest bit with each other is small. Although not apparent, rarely is it that both are just friends with no other intentions. It can and does happen IMO, but not nearly enough without other feelings evolving.

Personally i'd be upset if my woman was running around hanging out with dudes I didn't know.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

sure you have feelings involved but you have to control your feelings. Theres so many other girls out there to have sex with. so keep some just as friends.

everyone thinks me and my friend are a couple. some swear up and down we have
    slept together. we are just friends we are attracted to each other but once you go so long it starts to feel weird to be anything other than friends. plus im married and she just had a baby with her BF.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Concerning this post ^^^, and pretty much every post you've made in this thread...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar