Fellas, come in, sit down, discuss....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Mrs, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

:blah2:

2. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

I'm kind of a jealous guy myself.

I guess the reason I can understand your guys POV is because as men, we know what men usually want.

Not all men are that way. My girl has a guy friend that she slept with and their still friends to this day. It doesn't bother me, however.

What does bother me is when I noticed other guy friends that have taken a bit too much interest. About a week or so ago a friend that she hadn't talked to in about a year just suddenly popped up on Myspace and just had to get her number. He couldn't talk to her online for a time and then exchange numbers. He was adamant about getting her number as soon as he could. This threw up a red flag for me.

Now that is what I get upset over. Not so much at my girl, but at the guy.

Do any of your guy friends act like this around you? This could be what your guy is getting jealous over. How long have you guys been together?

New relationships are sometimes critical for guys when their self esteem is low after a recent break up...

A lot of things could play in to it, but ultimately, unless he is just over bearing and becoming illogical, I would just take it as a sign of his feelings for you, that he doesn't want to lose you to another guy.

Try making him feel all manly and like he is the 5hit when both of you guys are together around your guy friends. Show him that you are not afraid to let your guy friends know where they stand and that he is everything you need. (Your guy friends should be okay with this too, if they truly care about you as a friend and have no intention of more than that. It should just be brushed off by them.) This should calm him a bit and he will be less uptight about it when your out alone with your guy friends.

Of course this is assuming that you really care about the guy and are seeking something long term...

Just my two cents.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Chad certainly doesn't help his team get any closer to a ring acting like an overpaid baby. If The Bengals are healthy they can contend. If he wants a ring he needs to contribute..
    I can't think of any "star" receivers that have ever signed with The Titans.. Givens? Pickens?

I'd like to see the return of the Ickey Shuffle..

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

You know what, I don't think Chad is acting like an overpaid baby. Take away the salary and look at the job situation. When you or anyone is unhappy in their job situation, they want to leave. However, Chad has cameras, microphones and recorders in his face, asking him about his job situation. He's a vocal guy, so he's going to share his opinion. Anyone, including millionaire athletes have the right to complain about their job situation.

Yes, making millions to play a game should make your situation a lot more tolerable. However, if it's more than about the money, it's hard to tolerate the situation. Players are human like the next person.

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I ride or die for my man. No way would I have guy friends who don't know who Daddy is. However, when you've been on the scene for a while and you are respected and not known as a trick, you make good friends. How could a man I'm with not know he's the, otherwise I wouldn't have chose him.:wink2:

6. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

even though he may know he is the big daddy, it can still be weird to see his girl hanging out with a bunch of other guys. flip it on to you. how would you feel if he was going out to the bars/clubs/dinner/movies whatever...with a bunch of other girls leaving you out? maybe the answer would be to bring him with. let him show these other guys that he is the big daddy. male ego is a messed up thing. its like the alpha wolf. they like to show everyone they are the alpha wolf. so let him do it.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If being 6'5" is one of the major criteria, I meet it. However, I'm married.

8. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

How long have you guys actually been together?

This may seem reasonable to you, just because you know you're not a "trick" and your guy friends respect you. But has your man been with you long enough to realize this yet to?

Contrary to popular belief, guys have feelings and like to be wanted and know that their it for their girl.

Some times we know, but we like to be reassured.

Men gain confidence in a relationship by uplifting remarks from their girl. You have to make your man feel good about himself and he will be more sure and secure in your guys relationship, thus allowing you the freedom to have guy friends with out fear of him being upset.

You have to remember, guys are like cavemen when it comes to relationships and women. If for any reason your guy feels inadequate over anything, he may think you're trying to find what he is currently lacking from your guy friends.

Try having some of your guy friends ask him to go get a beer or do something guyish. Have them "nonchalantly" tell your man that you always talk about him when you're out with your guy friends and that they know you care about him.

This is will do wonders for his self esteem.

Anytime I am friends with a woman whom has a man such as yours, I always try to reassure the guy that I am not interested in anything other than the girls friendship and slip compliments that his girl has made about him, even if she really didn't. And by doing so, I usually gain a lot of trust from the guy and we become friends also.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Male ego is a messed up thing, of which it seems not many women know how to manage/handle, etc.

Kinda but not exactly, at least not directly. Alpha wolves will challenge/fight or kill a rival wolf after his pack/females, etc.
    Unfortunately, as much as some of us men would like to do that, we cannot do that to other men messing with our women w/o winding up in jail.

You do realize you are trying to get empathy from a board full of mostly guys, by telling them a story about your man getting mad when you go out with all your guy friends (which from what you've told us, is often), don't you?
    Just being realistic here, but I think the only guys that would be on your side on this would be the guys flying the "I want to have sex with 'The Mrs.'" plane.

This would be like me making a post on a woman dominated forum asking how I should handle sleeping with a girl on the side whilst trying to keep it from my g/f or wife. Who would be on my side there?

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

hold up. you tell a dude lies in order to gain his trust and be his friend? not really making an issue here I just wanted to point out how strange that sounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar