Feeling a Draft? Tennessee Titans Draft Recap

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

What grade(s) did you think too generous? What would you have given and why?

2. I don't see how I could give an A to Orr or Finnegan. They have good value, but I don't see them as any great, obvious steals. That may just be me, but even your projections don't make them sound like A's.

For what it's worth, I thought your projections were realistic but that the grades didn't always match.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I agree with Star; grades way too high at times. I understand if you were grading for value, but some just were too high. However, your analysis was fantastic. Good work.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Contradiction?

Gives lowry a lower grade for not being pro bowl caliber but is perfectly happy to give an A grade to tulloch even though you admit he may only be a special teamer.

As to drafting lowry over simpson the reason should be obvious. We don't need a free safety! We need a strong safety! We have our starting free safety for the next several years and the guy who has started there the past couple of years. We also have fuller. Is simpson even an upgrade from fuller?

Lowry will be a strong safety period. And he is not more quick than fast. His 40 time was better than the safety the bills drafted 8th overall. Size is the reason he dropped to the 4th rd but that is our gain. He is similar in size to an 8th rd pick that also had no pro bowl potential named blaine bishop.

I also didn't appreciate the stay out of jail comment about lendale white. Does white have a criminal history we don't know about?

Note, lowry runs a 4.5 40. Greg blue a player some thought was worth second rd consideration ran a 4.71.

5. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

Grade - A+ As long as White stays in line, in shape, and doesn’t end up in jail, he SHOULD be a steal in this draft. The Titans could have traded the original 2nd rnd pick for WR Javon Walker, but White’s value and potential contribution make this an A – especially after trading down and still getting White!!!

Interesting. We coulda had Walker?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar