Feedback from Cardinals

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avespucci, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

Hey All,

Just like most, second I heard we inked Whisehunt I wanted to learn more about the guy, his style, his plus, his negatives, etc...

I figured what better way then to hear from the fans of the only other team he was a head coach at for some time, Arizona.

I created a thread there and have already received over-whelming response of views (albeit not all positive).

Check it out:
    http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?67117-Titan-Fan-Whisenhunt-Question

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yikes... I really hope Whisenhunt learned from his expierence there.

However, I think pairing him with Webster is where the real difference is. Seems like the cardinals GM was an idiot

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

So if Locker isn't seen as the answer, do we see a trade for Big Ben?

4. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

Good info. Luckily, Webster hasn't handed over the keys and does a good job evaluating talent. Webster made a point to say he wanted a HC "he can work with", so hopefully they recognize strengths and weaknesses and share the load in a smart way.

sounds like we need an OC that will develop Locker or a rookie.

5. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

I will be very sad and transition to a college football fan if the Ruthlessraper is ever in Titan blue.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Great read.

I don't like reading stuff like "stubborn" because it sounds a lot like Fisher. Not playing rookies sounds like Fisher. Loyalty to underperforming assistants who are friends sounds a lot like Munch. Not making needed in-game adjustments sounds like Munch. Predictable run game sounds like Munch.

A lot of the negative I read can be handled if Webster handles his job as GM and if Whiz gets in here some solid coordinators.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I imagine the reviews aren't too positive. Not unlike what a Rams fan would have heard here if they'd asked about Fishstache after his hiring.

We're at that annoying stage where we have to sit back, allow things to unfold and simply hope for the best.

Edit: ouch. that was a depressing read.

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

The more and more I hear about him the less I like him. He seems to stick to his system no matter what. Great coaches adapt their system around the type of players that they have. Average coaches, Jeff Fisher, just run their system into the ground and refuse to adapt to the type of talent they have. JCBRAVE The Hammer

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Well, it looks like Whisenhunt isn't favorable when it comes to his QB's.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Whiz presented the opposite idea in his interview with Mike Keith. I agree with titanbouy that those posters' grapes were sour enough to make them respond. I'm sure he is not as bad as they presented, especially not after hearing him specifically state that his offense would utilize the talents we have.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar