Feed the BEAST!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan Wrath, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

1/2 way there then.

2. Titan Wrath

Titan Wrath Starter

To say Mularkey is an average coach is nice, but wrong nonetheless, when your career record is in the .300's your below average. I agree he over achieved for his standards but I don't believe this team/roster wouldn't have won the AFC south with a better head coach and coaching staff. This was about as good as it gets for Mularkey and yeah maybe he could do a little better but you have to ask yourself can he win a Super Bowl? even better multiple Super Bowls? His track record says Hell No!

I knew he was a horrible hire without even looking at his career record because of last year when he was just a tight ends coach and the team decided to keep 5 tight ends and only 4 receivers which is absolutely moronic and I'd like to believe he was a big influence in that decision so when he got hired I knew it couldn't be good but as long as he satisfies you and everyone else with low expectations then who cares, right?[/QUOTE]

#332 Titan Wrath, Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Any chance we actually get to see Henry with 20 carries vs tejans? Would be so Mulsuky like to do that when it is meaningless.

4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

You think Mularkey got Whiz to keep 5 TEs?

I've seen zero evidence of thst and feel its just an assumption.

Get us to the Super Bowl? You have to crawl before you walk.. Win the division. Make it there. Then if he starts blowing it in the playoffs due to coaching, then by all means make a change.

Super Bowl isn't just about coaches. It's about the team and talent. It's about staying injury free. It's about getting hot. It's also about having the ball bounce your way.

I think getting rid of Mularkey because "I don't think he can get to the Super Bowl" is kind of a witch hunt.

As for his overall winning percentage, I don't ignore context. Talent matters on those teams too. HC and QB success go hand in hand.

Fix your quotes man!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Alzarius

My guess is he feels like Murray has played his heart out for the team and if there are any extra incentives he can reach, he will help.

Otherwise I'd say we do see Henry more.

#335 Alzarius, Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  6. Alzarius

If that's unreadable, you're illiterate.

• LOL LOL x 2
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Why don't we run Fowler in short yardage? Isn't he more of a power guy than BDH?

8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Watching Dallas and Elliott. They are running I formation with fullback lead right up the gut. No exotic crap, just man up and go. This is what Henry needs. Elliott already has 60 yards and a TD.

9. Titan Wrath

Titan Wrath Starter

He was the tight ends coach last year so I think it's safe to say he had an influence on that decision so it's not just an assumption as to an educated guess. Even if he didn't have anything to do with it then that would also be an indictment of his lack of influence so it's really a lose-lose scenario but as I look at it now he's pushing a 10-14 record which is almost right on par with his career win percentage so I think if you wanna be realistic then it's safe to say this season is as good as it gets for him. Bill O Brian is going to dominate this division for years until an equal or better comes along.

10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Our D is a joke. Give Lebeau something to work with and we get at least a few more wins.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar