Fedor vs. the UFC

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Dana White says he sucks. Couldn't sign him to UFC. Fedor and company now co-promote with Strikeforce. He took less money to fight weaker competition to promote his brand.

I think it was a weak move, but if it works out it, it could be brilliant. It's certainly a gamble. Strikeforce can potentially air on CBS in the future. They also have Gina Carano.

I think Dana White needs to make an underhanded deal with Bobby Lashley. Pump him up to beat Fedor and jump ship to fight Lesnar. I really don't think Lesnar can be beat for awhile. The longer Fedor waits, the worse his chances.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Weaker competition? Strikeforce has better fighters. Less losers from that tv show.

Fedor beats anyone in the UFC easy. Probably could take their entire heavyweight division at once. There's Brock Lesnar and... hmm... who else?

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Fedor vs. Frank Mir would be an interesting match to me.

You are right though, Strikeforce's competition isn't shabby, comparable to Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez. It'll be worth watching Fedor vs. Overeem. Plus they could pull some outside talent. And I think Coutore only has one fight left on his contract with UFC.. so maybe Fedor vs. Coutore still has a chance of happening.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'd love to see Fedor get pummeled by just about anyone- I just can't see it happening. He sold his soul to the devil or something. That time Randleman dropped him on his head, and Fedor's spine should have shattered...yet somehow ends up winning made me think he's unbeatable.

5. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

I can't say whether Fedor would do well in the UFC. I haven't seen enough of his fights..

The one I did see was against Andrei Arlovski and that was a joke of a fight. Of course Arlovski has always had a susceptible chin.

Anyway, anyone else watching UFC 101 this weekend?

BJ Penn over Kenny Florian

And Forrest Griffin for the upset over Anderson Silva... which probably won't happen, but I think Griffin will give him the best fight he's had so far.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Big bucks could be made w/ Fedor vs Lesner....huge money and I think Lesner would lose. He is HUGE, but so was that damn Japanese dude.

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Fedor is simply scared of Lesnar, simple as that.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Strikeforce have two good fighters in Shields and Diaz who would continue to win in the UFC.Thompson is good but wouldn't stand out in the WEC or UFC.

The rest of their fighters are UFC has beens or average skilled wannabees.Cung Lee was interesting but walked away to make movies.

Your kidding right?

Overeem isn't even a top 10 fighter.He's a one trick pony with zero ground game.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

On the one hand I respect Fedor for standing by his promoter and refusing to compromise but I think he'll later regret not proving himself against the best.

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yeah, Silva made Griffin his b###h. I think it's time for Silva to fight Machida.

And Penn over Florian was kindof a no-brainer. If Penn is in the shape he was in last night for the rest of his fights, there will be no stopping him.

Too bad for Fedor. I think he made the wrong decision. UFC is way bigger than Strikeforce and will continue to get bigger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar