Favre traded to Jets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

Amen

2. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Just like McNair could have choked back pride, and played a few years backing up VY, Favre could have played mentor for a while, and then gone out with dignity.

3. maximus

maximus Starter

Does this change the Madden Cover to Farve in a Jets uniform?

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

agreed

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

To late to change the cover.

If I'm the Bears, I grab Pennington now.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I don't agree at all. Every great football player wants to compete and play. That's what makes them such good competitors in the first place.

Favre f'ed up with changing his mind on his retirement decision, but to suggest that he should have been happy to sit back and be a back-up is off the mark.

There is no doubt he is one of the best 32 QBs in the NFL right now, so why shouldn't he want a starting gig?

This will all die down and be forgotten by the time he retires and he'll go out with everyone just remembering his great years in Green Bay regardless of what he does with the Jets.

Jerry Rice left San Fran and played for both Oakland and Seattle before he retired. He actually was last with the Denver Broncos and got cut prior to the season beginning because he couldn't make their roster. But everyone still remembers him as a great 49er receiver.

Great players want to play at the highest level and aren't content to be a back-up.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Pennington's arm is nowhere near strong enough to be effective in Chicago's winds.

I think he lands in Miami or Detroit.

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

I can understand the sentiment, but it is still pride f'*ng with them.

Great players with huge egos don't know when it is time to quit.
    Those are the ones who are not content to be a backup.
    Eddie went to Dallas for a year rather than share carries. McNair went to Baltimore rather than play a veteran backup role.

Hasn't KFC been to the Superbowl? He is now content with his role as a backup, and as unlikely as it seems for me to give him a kind word, it is something he gets right.

I predict that his performance this season will not be that great.
    I will be cheering against him every week!

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

he'll struggle all year, and look like a fool.

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I like Favre and all, but this is a disaster. Favre never honed the skill of studying game and practice film, and he won't start now. I can study and break down game film better than him! He's a vet going to a new team and a new system. You're going to see a lot of Favre just dropping back, going deep or running. Poor Deanna, her nerves are going to be shot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar