Favre comments on the McNair situation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tonye209, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Watching them discuss this whole situation on ESPN-HD's draft special....and they all agree that the way the McNair situation has been handled has been low class for the organization.

They indicated strictly from a business standpoint that they did the right thing...but they addressed it poorly.

McNair is the face of this team, both on and off the field. Like they said, he just received a humanitarian award in Washington for his work with Katrina victims and he has been working with the tornado victims here in Nashville.

So, they treat McNair like he doesn't matter to this team yet Pac is constantly in "questionable situations" lately and I sure as hell don't hear the organization or Bud pulling the strings to straighten that loser out.

Fisher is about to come on if anyone is interested.

2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Agree....that Favre needs to shut up. He was the one who called out Jeavon Walker to get into camp last year. Walker held out until his deal was done, then had an injury. Had he not held out for a deal, he could have been cut after the injury. When it happened, the same blowhards on ESPN (Salisbury) said they did not want to hear anybody complain about this type of holdout because it was an example of why players do it. Now, the same people are defending Favre on this situation.

I don't want McNair to leave. It should have been handled better. However.... ESPN keeps saying what a huge impact #9 has on the team as a locker room leader, and how he sets the example.
    McNair even said himself that he is not the "rah, rah" outspoken leader that Eddie George was. As far as him setting the example.....you have to practice to do that. He said this offseason that he was going to "recommit" himself to training camp, workouts, and practice.....should have started that LAST OFFSEASON.

Business is business I know. But if he is really willing to go to the Ratbirds.....don't let the door hit you on the a$$ on the way out.

3. skitch

I must be a "thread killer". Everytime I post something, the thread dissappears. It only shows when I search a thread and not under new posts.
    I don't claim to be a computer or message board genius, but I don't get it.:bonk2:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you just know how to tie up loose ends...or no one likes you. :ha: (j/k)

5. skitch

Both!
    :baghead:
    (It really had disappeared until you replied.)

6. farve threw way to many interceptions this year to be talking like he is

7. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Screw Favre!

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

no thanks

9. thats too gay for me

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

brokeback mountain moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar