Favourite movie scenes

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't know if we have ever had a thread on this but what scenes from what movie are you favourites? (videos if you can find them).

Mine are -

Gladiator: The first fight in the Coliseum and the opening scene of the movie in Germania (i think)

Final Fantasy - Advent Children - The final fight scene between Cloud and Sephiroth and the fight scene in the Forgotten City.

Bourne Ultimatium - The scene in Waterloo station.

Most of the Simpsons movie.

Harry Potter & GoF - Cedrics Death

I am sure there is more, I will add some later.

2. mdfan

mdfan Starter

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

As Gunny said, one could go on listing these forever. Let's see how many I'll list before I stop.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Seven Samurai (this has to be my fave). After Shichiroji's death at the hands of the Bandits, Kikuchiyo (Toshiro Mifune) runs across the village climbs to the highest rooftop and unfurls the banner that Shichiroji made earlier in the film. As the newly hoisted banner flutters in the harsh breeze, Kikuchiyo, still up on the rooftop, spots the bandits approaching to begin their seige on the village. The absolute delight with which Mifune bellows "ohhh... They're hear!" is unexpected and sublime; the almost sheer bliss of an angry warrior about to visit mighty vengence upon his enemy is simply awesome. Mifune's Kikuchiyo remains my favourite film character.

Miller's Crossing Albert Finney defends his home to the tune Oh Danny Boy. The Coen Brothers at there best.

Lawrence of Arabia Omar Shariff fantasterrific, slow moving, mirage-like initial appearance is still the greatest entrance in cinema history.

Network Peter Finch's Howard Beal loses it on national TV. "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore". F-ing A Howie, F-ing A

Saving Private Ryan The Normandy invasion sequence is like a swift kick in the nads. Upon initial viewing I felt like I'd been assaulted, I was speechless, nauseated and probably a little teary.

Le Samurai Opening credit sequence. Melville quickly establishes that we're no longer tied to the constraints of reality; we are entering his world and he leaves no question as to who is calling the shots.

Kill Bill The Bride's showdown with the Crazy 88's, Go-go and O-Ren Ishi. Not my favourite Tarantino flick, but I love this whole sequence. It's effect upon first viewing was pretty damn impressive.

"Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the limbs you've lost. They belong to me now.

EXCEPT YOU, SOFIE! You stay right where you are!" - The Bride

Great stuff!

These scenes are so well known I'll just say the line of dialogue associated with them

"We're gonna need a bigger boat"

"Put the candle back!"

"I could have been a contender, instead of a bum, which is what I am"

"Okay what am I doing? Hey, I'm chasing this guy! No, he's chasing me"

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Sport: Catch you later, copper.
    Travis: I'm no cop, man. I'm hip.
    Sport: Funny, you don't look hip.

I could post these things all night...

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The Frankenstein Monster: I love dead. Hate living.
    Dr. Pretorius: You're wise in your generation.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Bounty hunter : You're wanted, Wales.
    Josey Wales: Reckon I'm right popular. You a bounty hunter?
    Bounty hunter: A man's got to do something for a living these days.
    Josey Wales: Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha: I like that

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

One of the last scenes in Kingdom of Heaven where Balian of Ibelin (Orlando Bloom) surrenders to Saladin (Ghassan Massoud).

Balian of Ibelin: What is Jerusalem worth?
    Saladin: Nothing.... Everything.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Doubt you'll get much feedback about Kurasowa in these forums.. Great stuff no doubt. I prefer the Sergio Leone spaghetti westerns including but not limited to A Fistfull of Dollars which was as your probably know a remake of Kurasowa's Yojimbo.

[​IMG]
    I'd have to say my favorite all-time scene is the "Ecstasy of Gold" ending to The Good. The Bad and the Ugly when Tuco enters the graveyard looking for the grave of Bill Carson ending with his neck in a noose and Clint Eastwood appearing to ride off into the sunset, but instead... well, you know what happens. And if you don't, go watch the damn movie!!!
    Every frame of that movie is a work of art and that's not even starting about Morricone's score.. Greatest scene, greatest movie, greatest score.... Nothing has even come close since..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar