Favorite Podcasts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Jan 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

ehhh you and me have a much different opinion on what the phrase "gigantic douchebag" entails...

clay travis is a gigantic douchebag... clay travis doesn't have a genuine bone in his body

joe rogan is like the exact opposite of that. he always means well

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Thoughts on what I dislike, fwiw:

- WTF with Marc Maron: wildly popular, but completely put me off after three episodes because Marc is constantly interrupting and leading the discussion by finishing the guests' sentences. Interruption absolutely pisses me off...I tune in to hear the interviewee, and in cases such as political shows interruption is an obvious derailment and an admittance that the interviewer is losing. Miles Gray does nearly the same thing on The Daily Zeitgeist, and if I didnt like his delivery or ideas then I'd dump it too, but he's the cohost rather than the lead so it's both limited and tolerable.

Comedy Bang Bang and literally anything with Scott Aukerman: SA is one of those comics who is constantly trying to be "on" and never shuts up, and eventually just comes across as the frat boy clown who tries to monopolize every interaction.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I know I'm at risk of coming off like a "I liked it before it was cool" hipster here, but whatever. WTF, and more specifically Marc in general, was a lot different early on. For a long time it was by far my favorite pod. And it was actually the podcast that got me into podcasts.

Early on it was just low self-esteem Marc ranting for a minute then talking to his comedy buddies. That **** was FANTASTIC. Then it started picking up steam and he was getting higher profile guests like Dave Grohl and Conan O'Brien. EVEN BETTER. But as the show grew so did Marc's head (and his knack for interrupting). It became more and more about Marc himself. Very self-indulgent. Landing Obama was pretty much the nail in the coffin in that regard. It's around that time I basically stopped listening. I have to really, really, really be a fan of his guest to listen these days.

Also, completely agree on Comedy Bang Bang.

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

Bodega Boys is the funniest podcast there is.

Along with Joey Diaz Church of What's Happening Now.

Rogan too yea.

I listen to dozens.

Sam Harris, anything Dan Carlin touches.

A lot of politics stuff.

5. avvie

I know his history casts are great, but I haven't aopted them because they're too damn long.

I am very sad that his Common Sense one stopped. After 312 episodes of pushing for an outsider candidate, he was horrified to see that his wish was granted in the form of trump and basically shut himself down in shame. It's too bad because I always found his takes to be much more insightful than any of the cable news/talk show talking heads.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

He does a common sense every few months.

I have to wait for the entire history series to release because the time between episodes I'll completely forget the previous one.

7. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

The Last Podcast On The Left

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I really wanted to love that one. But they are constantly trying to out-joke each other and it gets to be a bit much. I just don't find them nearly as funny as they seem to find themselves. A shame because I'm really into true crime stuff.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If you like Ron Burgundy, his new podcast is amazing. I have no idea how people who do it with them don't bust out laughing.

So far, my favs have been:
    Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend
    The Ron Burgundy Podcast

Some which are hit and miss so far:
    The Bill Simmons Podcast
    The Cracked Podcast
    Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast
    Pardon My Take
    Stuff They Don't Want You To Know

I've tried a few others but nothing worth sharing yet.

10. avvie

Another one that's fun but bizarre is Everything Is Alive. ... It's a series of short one-on-one interviews with inanimate objects such as a towel, a can of soda, a bus bench, a lamppost, etc. ..

#20 avvie, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar