Favorite FREE (or very cheap) things to do.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by World Peace, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Everyone likes free. Aside from going out in public and people watching... (or sitting in the goTitans forum) what are some of your favorite free things to do? I'll list 5 and I hope you guys add to this.

1) Sports. My preference is Basketball. Unlike baseball or football where you need to have atleast one or more person to participate, you can always go shoot hoops at the courts by yourself, or you can get a 5 on 5 going. Usually a park, school, or church has a goal readily available nearby. A close second place in this category would be Disc Golf.

Protip: Most of the time, you don't even need to buy a disc... if you are willing to scour the course and look for stranded discs. (most of the time they are in trees) Just don't try to use a putter disc, when you are 300yds away.

2) Calisthenics. Okay, so you are at home, and you don't have a baseball, basketball or you aren't very good at sports. Get down and give me 20. Push ups that is. Okay. Maybe this isn't fun for some people... but I find a good workout, even if its push ups and crunchs followed up by a nice shower.. is a great way to settle in for the evening, boost endorphins, and stay in great shape. Some people even find it rewarding reaching their personal goals.

3) Museums. Many museums nowadays charge for admittance. However, its very nominal. In my area, there is the Kentucky bourbon trail and the Kentucky Derby Museum. When I'm down to nashville, I'd like to go to Frist (Correct me if I'm wrong) Museum

4) Charity work... or in my case: Dog Walking. I have to explain this. Last year, a lady in my neighborhood became pregnant and her husband was in Iraq. She needed someone to walk to her Dogs because she was about to pop. All of my neighbors got together and we worked out a schedule to where on some days, certain ppl would come over and take out the dogs, and in my instance, when I get home from work everyday, I'd take the puppies out. I bonded quite well with Dogs and helping someone hopefully sowed me some good Karma.

5) Start a musical group. Are you the next American Idol? You don't even have to play an instrument if you can carry a tune. Heck, if you can lay down some sick rhymes, you can have a Freestyle competition... and if you're good, you can send them home crying to their momma. Save the drama for your mamma, fools.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Probably should have started this thread in Taboo.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. World Peace

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's our mod-lite area for subject matter inappropriate for the main forum. :)

Members may join by request.

5. World Peace

i had to get a new keyboard, because i just hurled on my last one.

6. wtenn

wtenn Starter

I like to go to parks, especially historic sites and state and national parks. Those are generally free or have a minimal charge (such as $3 per person or $6 per automobile).

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Definitely taboo material :)
    I was gonna post something about dumpsters and Hustler magazines.. But maybe once the thread gets moved..

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Soccer, Basketball, and Tennis.

Around here there are tons of hispanics that play on many fields around town, and I have a few friends that play with them. We join and run the fields for hours. Never hard to get a game going.

Art work. Writing. Reading...

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

August and September there is Shakespeare in Central Park, Nashville. This year it's going to be The Taming of the Shrew. It's free, and you can bring a cooler and have a little picnic of your favorites...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar