Favorite Actor

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

tell that to the creators of Evan Almighty.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

DiCaprio.

He has accomplished, in an incredibly short period of time, what has taken other actors decades to achieve: worldwide fame, incredible success, and acceptance as a great actor. The Departed and Blood Diamond have taken him up another level.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Well it has been 14 years since Gilbert Grape (and he was doing stuff long before that on TV etc.). I think there's a fair share of actors out there who have met your criteria within a decade and a half. He may be Scorsese's current boy, but he sho nuff aint no Deniro (at least Scorsese's Deniro)...

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

There are a lot of great ones, but my favorite is probably Jimmy Stewart. I believe his best role was as Elwood P. Dowd in Harvey. He was also excellent as Ransom Stoddard in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

5. adam sandler
    will smith
    tom cruise
    shia labeuf
    denzel washington

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I'd say either Pacino or DeNiro.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Denzel Washington easily my favorite actor. He makes every movie great.

Some of his best - Training Day, Man on Fire, Remember the Titans, and Crimson Tide to name a few.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I agree with Stewart, and he was actually a real flier in WWII, which made most of his flying roles very realistic. Spirit of St. Louis was great. In that era, you also had Robert Mitchum (favorite quote "Stick with me baby and you'll be farting through silk"), William Holden, Richard Widmark, David Attenborough, Sean Connery, Lee Marvin, Robert DeNiro, Tommy Lee Jones, Samuel Jackson, Russell Crowe, Will Smith and Bruce Willis.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Alltime and now..

Alltime- bogey, james stewart, edward g robinson..

Bogey in the 1930s was a tough guy character actor in many gangster films playing in support of edward g robinson. By the way those 3 actors combined won just 2 best actor oscars. Bogey in the maltese falcon and stewart one just one in a supporting role in philadelphia story.

Today my favorite actor is morgan freeman who always seems to be brilliant in interesting movies. He and gene hackman are fantastic in "under suspicion" even though the movie is flawed somewhat.

Deniro of course, but mostly for what he did 20-30 years ago. His oscar winning role in godfather 2 in which he learns to speak italian is classic.

I don't know if any actor could have done more with 2 consecutive roles than tom hanks did with philadelphia and forest gump. To go from playing a man dying of aids to a mildly retarded southern guy is so extreme. Physically the roles are so different.

10. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

1:Dustin Hoffman
    2:Tom Hanks
    3:Leonardo DiCaprio
    4:Edward Norton
    5:Al Pacino
    6:Robert Deniro
    7:Robin Williams
    8:Clint Eastwood
    9:Eddie Murphy
    10: Sean Connery
    Not Necessarily in that order

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar