Fav. War Movie of All Time.

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Broken Arrow, May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Dude could not utter the simple phrase "I took the Hippocratic Oath; I am not allowed to kill. You know I'm a doctor, right?". That movie was so maddening with Garfield's excessively tragic overacting and over-the-top religiousity I had to leave. Also, as previously posted, half of it was BS. Seemed designed to take advantage of the same crowd that bought that American Sniper BS.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

My favourite 100% real story is the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well I guess you can just enjoy dead man walking....

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Dodgeball.

5. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

It helped that because he was surrounded by Asian actors his height didn't stand out.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Ed Gein was one severely messed up individual.

He really missed his calling as a tailor. :boo:

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I've read much about the Forrestal. As an aviation guy, the thought of something like that happening is always there, (I've had my berthing on 2 deployments directly under where those bombs went off) but on the bright side, the likelihood of that happening again are extremely slim.

Most wouldn't know it, but the bombs that blew up on the Forrestal were left overs from WW2 (the fire was in 67'). There were also key procedures that the AO's (ordnance men) didn't follow for the sake of having the launch times faster. That was exactly what allowed the first missile to get launched across the flight deck.

Also, not everyone knows the John McCain was rescued from 1 of those aircraft on fire. 134 Sailors died that day.

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

No one else liked the remake of Inglorious Bastards? It's awesome.

Saving Private Ryan is just too good. I think all others WW2 movies fall short of that one, but plenty of good ones.

Somebody else mentioned the boy in the striped pajamas, such a sad story.

Hacksaw Ridge was a good story, bad movie. I thought the story line was limited in the actual war activity, but I also think the acting was bad and I didn't buy Andrew Garfield as that character.

Good list overall, I've got a few movies to watch now.

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Did anyone think Fury was good? I'm straddling the fence on my thoughts of it.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Yes and no.

The tank scenes are GREAT... but there's a part in the middle that slows it waaaay down. That part is a look into the crew's psyche, personality... but it kills the flow.

But those tank scenes... awesomeness.

Check it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar