Fan Conduct at LP.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KTOWN TITAN, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

It was horrible that night and i went to the eagles game in november and it was worse for the philly fans. I remember the ran though, that sucked. I was got on tv though, they showed me running like hell up the stairs with all my titans stuff on in the pouring ran haha

2. collins1888

collins1888 Guest

being in baltimore you dont even have to be in a stadium to get harassed. a few years back i was out with my dad getting stuff before the games started and some guy walked up looked at me then looked at my dad and was like "how can you let him where a jeresy like that here?" my dad smiled and told the guy that he's not going to make me root for a team. I've been a titan fan since 98 or so. But ive met other teams fans around here, and ravens fans are by far some of the worst that ive encountered. i know plenty of philly, pit, and was fans. but they arent anywhere as bad as the ravens fans. and with that being said, i can proudly say i will be attending the Oct 5 Ravens v Titans game!

3. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I want the stadium rowdy for 4 quarters. I would be lying if I said I wanted the away fans to enjoy themselves. No need to ever get physical or anything like that. Fans just need to be loud. If you see someone in the other teams gear.... do your best to make them uncomfortable. It is all in good fun. Leave the families alone but anyone else is fair game... yes even the old people. What I don't like about the policy is it could lead to some bad things. If I'm bashing on a Colts fan a few seats down that is in to it and he is having a good time then it is cool. Lets say while I'm doing this the Colts fan a couple rows back gets annoyed and gets to text security. Well then I'm out of there. How would they regulate something like that? Does everyone around get to vote if I get ejected or not? Plus I'm sorry but I use "bad" words from time to time. It tends to happen when I have been drinking and get excited.... like at a football game. I try to keep it as clean as possible but I slip. People need to lighten up. If you want a safe family atmosphere to watch the game then try your couch. The thing about standing up really gets to me as well. We stand for four quarters in Knoxville. The only time your tail should touch that seat is at halftime and maybe a couple t.v timeouts. I ask no less from the fans in Nashville. Maybe they should just section off entire sections of the stadium for real fans..... like the entire lower bowl. j/k

4. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

This rule is very sad and misguided.
    I saw the BAD effect of this rule at the Raiders game
    There's a guy that sits a couple of seats away from me that we call Mr. O
    Because he's so obnoxious.
    He doesn't use profanity or yell at oposing fans. He constantly bashes the Titans. Don't get me wrong. He's a Titan fan, he wants us to win but anytime something goes wrong he starts *****ing about it and not quietly.
    He yells things like JIMMMINEY( that's his favorite expletive ) Vince couldn't even start on the worst college team.

Or com'on lendale you suck. Once things start going bad for the titans he won't shut up. He's obnoxious as hell but he doesn't direct anything at other fans only the team, and i've never heard him use profanity.
    He's a season ticket holder and been sitting there virtually every game for the 5 years i've had my seats.

We'll during the raiders game there were some folks that NEVER sit in that area (appearently sitting in someone elses seats) that didn't like what he was saying. They didn't like him bashing the team and they asked him to be quiet.

Mr. O told them that he wasn't using profanity and that it was his right to bash the team. And he wasn't going to shut up!

So this guy who probably was given a ticket to his first titans game ever goes and tells security that MR O was swearing up and down because security comes and tells mr O to shut up. Mr O tells security that the other guy was lying, that he doesn't use profanity etc etc.

Keep in mind i can't stand Mr O. but i had to take up for him and i told security the MR O never swears, that he's loud and obnoxious but he wasn't (as far as i can tell) breaking the new code of conduct. The other fan WAS lying.

Next thing you know Mr O was Ejected. security told me that other fans had complained and he had to go

THIS IS SOME BS!
    I learned a lesson. If ANY fan approaches me I'm going straight to security to complain on them first.
    This is absolutely ridiculous that this could happen.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree based on your story that is total BS!

I totally disagree with the idea that a fan complaining about another automatically gets his way. The complaint should be made and then security should observe that fan for a while to see how significant his behaivor is.

If someone has numerous complaints from several different fans in ther area he gets tossed but nobody should have that kind of power.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What does that accomplish? It doesn't give us any better chance to win the game.

I don't think anyone should be made to feel uncomfortable except the opposing team.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Where did i say it was alright? I was joking! It was funny for a poster to identify english soccer fans as being gentlemenly when there is a greater chance of getting your arse kicked there.

The bottom line in all this is that a tiny percentage of buttholes are ruining it for everyone else.

Portsmouth rules!

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

this is what I'm saying guys. The league needs to sanction a standardized procedure for enforcement. I'm telling you- the false (or grossly embellished) accusations will fly rampant. The league has left it vague for a reason- to give stadium personnel unwarranted authority to eject at will based only on their own impression. And in my case, NOBODY every warned me. I don't even know if I was the guy.

I support a fan conduct policy but only if there is a standardized and equitable method of enforcement.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That's what really bothers me. It's pretty rare that I am selling my tickets or giving them away to someone I don't know. But I probably wouldn't even consider it now, because I don't want problems to arise because I sold tickets to someone who acted a little too foolish.

Stupid policy, imo.

10. DJB

DJB Starter

I dont completely agree with the policy but I do agree that something had to be done. To me fan conduct has gotten worse every year. You hear other fans try to rationalize bad behavior with things like "your asking for it by wearing the other teams jersey", "if you dont want to get yelled at watch at home" "this is football!" Excuses like that are so lame. People are complaining about this code of conduct like it is taking away your right to cheer for your team....for me if people are being obnoxious and rude at the game they are taking away the civilized fans right to go and enjoy the game. When I go to the game...I go to watch the game. I don't pay money to yell at drunk people....I can do that for free at my cousins house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar