Fan Conduct at LP.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KTOWN TITAN, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080817/SPORTS01/808170363/1027 "For fourteen games a season Scott Shelton is a diehard Titans fan. But twice a year the 54-year-old Clarksville resident puts on a blue-and-white jersey and supports the Colts." First let me say this guy is a tool. He deserves what he gets. I really don't like this policy at all. The NFL needs to leave the fans alone. Maybe it is just me.... I do spend saturdays in the student section of one of the rowdiest stadiums in the land. I have no pity on opposing fans. We give people hell outside and inside the stadium. If they come into our house wearing the jersey of the enemy... expect it. In a perfect world the atmosphere at LP field would be similar to that of an English soccer match. I understand wanting to have a family friendly atmosphere... or maybe I don't since I have no children of my own, but this has to be stopped. I know how it is. I've been to other stadiums college and pro. There is nothing more fun than being an opposing fan on the road. Why should we take that away that experience from visitors to LP? I have seen the worst fans have to offer and walked away a better fan for it. Maybe we should all just sit on our hands, talk quietly and only lightly clap when our team scores. God forbid I offend a Texan fan three rows behind me sipping cola and telling his kids how this year they are finally going to win one. Bite me NFL.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If you wear the jersey, you're BEGGING for it. This guy expects to have a candle-lit dinner set up for him, and a violinist to play soft melodies while the game is on - sorry.
    And no die-hard Titan fan would wear a Colts jersey even if it were flame retardant and they were playing a chess-match in hell.

This reminds me though: I hope this was the clown I "harrassed" on the bridge in preseason week 1. He and his family were wearing Colts jerseys...to a preseason game vs the...RAMS. What was the point? I said "Uhhh... this guy obviously showed up to the wrong game. Titans vs Rams, I know! I'll wear my Peyton jersey! hur hur hur!"

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Anybody who would bother another person just because they have a different jersey is an idiot.

Bothering someone who is there with kids deserves an asskicking.

WTF is wrong with enjoying the game win or lose? Such children!

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

FYI childress will tell you there is a better chance of getting bothered in the English premier league than the NFL. Show up to fratton park with united gear and i'm going to kick your arse!

Portsmouth is my team!

5. Deuce Wayne

Sorry. An idiot I may be. But I'm not the one dumb enough to wear an opposing team's jersey (not even a rival) and expecting to not be jeered.
    And why the hypocritical second post?

"only an idiot would bother someone in a different jersey"
    "show up to fatton with united gear and I'm going to kick your arse"

wow.

6. Deuce Wayne

And since we're on it - You don't even have to be in the stadium in Manchester. Find out you're a Chelsea Rent Boy, and it's over with!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSDSYN3Lm2A

Wonder what this Shelton sissy would have cried about if he found himself in that situation.
    And if you're a Portsmouth fan, you'd better do the arse kicking for your team, because lord know they're not doing any of it.

7. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

There is a difference between playful jeering and disrespectful and obnoxious jeering. You should expect to here some jeering if you were an opposing jersey, it wouldnt be the same if you didnt. It becomes a problem when it gets to physical harm and so on..

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

If the NFL and LP field wants fans to behave, then they should not sell liquor or beer. It's that simple

I think this conduct policy sucks because it is going to be difficult to administer. I agree wholeheartedly that no fan needs to be physically or verbally threatened, but how in the hell to effectively adminster/monitor the difference between good ole home stadium "ear chewing" and a legitimate threat?

The stadium should have a published policy that when a complaint is made to stadium personnel- the stadium personnel are required to evaluate the validity of the complaint and LOG it. The offending parties should be given a written warning THAT THEY MUST SIGN OR BE EJECTED, that states if their behavior continues they will be ejected and whatever other standardized progressive discipline measures are appropriate will be taken.

As it stands now (and it has happened to me), a fan can register a complaint and you get a letter stating your PSL's are going to be revoked. No explanation given as to who, what or why you have done to violate the policy. Total BS.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Last year I went to Game 6 of the Celtics-Hawks series. It was in Atlanta and of course I had to wear my Pierce jersey. Man, I didn't think the Hawks were going to win and they did. I got trash talked so much and this one guy actually touched me. Oh! All hell broke loose and I almost got into a fight. Of course the C's won the whole thing. I'm thinking about going to the regular season game next year in the ATL and showing off my new Ray Allen jersey. Hawks fans need to learn to actually win before they trash talk. The arena was sold out and they're all bandwagon jumpers.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Gloat brought it up before I could, but futball matches worldwide don't use that sort of code of conduct, because people die. It's not wrong to be passionate and maybe a little rowdy at times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar