Family Guy steals from The Simpsons..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RyansTitans, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No it doesn't.

South Park knows comedy in the modern way.

Family Guy just caters to the lowest ebb of humanity.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Wow, gunny, that's pretty harsh.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

truth hurts sometimes

4. GoTitans3801

Come on. The lowest ebb of humanity is pop-culture references? Really?

I certainly wouldn't claim that it's high-brow humor, but sheesh, get over it.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Saying family guy is better than the Simpsons or vice versa would probably keep this thread going for pages, so there would be no reason for me to even attempt to voice an opinion to that regard.. but all i can say is that the laughs i get in one half season of Family guy is more than i have laughed in the 20 years or so of watching the simpsons.

6. GoTitans3801

Both have had their ups and downs for me. I've seen episodes of both that had me laughing for days. I've also seen many episodes from both that just felt like filler.

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Last time I checked saying the N word throughout a full episode is not funny and making fun of a little person is also not funny.

Also. Saddam and the Devil.. come on..

And Mrs Garrison.. Its not comedy its sick raciest jokes.

8. Those are jokes within the episode, the actual plot of the episode is very well done...

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

gotta love the hypocrisy of this kid...
    wasen't it you who earlier today made a racist remark on another thread?

10. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

And I didn't say it in a racist way. I got warned anyways like always. And im sorry South Park is funny and all but they need to stay away from those types of things. I don't wanna hear a word thats been used too many times in this world already on a good comedy show. That ruined Southpark for me. The fat jokes , Kenny dieing , Chefs sex obsession , Mr Hanky , all that stuff is funny. I dont wanna see the Devil and Saddam in a bed .. I dont wanna see an episode with Cartman making fun of someone just because hes a little person..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar