Extending Verner's contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Well this is the same staff/organization that was trying their hardest to try and let others beat him out for the position and he had to once prove himself as a reliable corner like he has had to do year in and year out.

I would be stoked to have him back, but I think some time overpays for him in FA.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Exactly my sentiments. Loyalty only goes so far. At the end of the day this is a game and everyone wants to win it. I hope he stays, but i know i would not stay if a true contention team offered me the opportunity. No way in hell.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uhhh.... yeah. He was ONLY being our best CB.

Wtf. I swear people were at the toilet every time Verner did something great before this season. (it was OFTEN)

Dude has always been a playmaker. He's always been our best coverage DB.... what more do you need to see??

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

And being our best CB really says something?

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Exactly where should we have extended Verner to a long term contract?

Telling me he is our best CB doesn't mean a damn thing.

6. Deuce Wayne

So... you're saying being our best CB isn't "impressive"...

Yet we can afford to lose our best CB?

Well, that's logical!

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

In my opinion, up until this year we was able to afford to lose him.

As of right now, this team needs to lock him up.

8. Deuce Wayne

We never were. Who'd we have to take over for him before?

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

For a long time McCourty was considered the better CB even if not by much. Only this season has Vern widened the gap between the two so much. Vern is unquestionably are best CB now.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Browner's career looks to be over in SEA as he will probably get suspended for a year (performance enhancing) and after that they will (according to an NFL.com article) elect not to resign him at the end of that...

wold you take a chance on a repeat offender? i'd off course choose ATV over him, but something tells me, this is his last season as a Titan. Also, since he is undrafted, I imagine that will (along with the suspension) will reduce the asking price. Finally, at 6'4 he's proven to be a very physical CB and would give us (or rather Gregg) what Tommie couldn't....

what do you guys think?

(article link - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...tle-seahawks-brandon-browner-faces-suspension)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar