Expectations for Malik Willis's first start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanic_Sub, Oct 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Tannehill has obviously been a point of contention for titans fans. Most seem to think it's time to move on from him, I personally believe he's been our best performer since he took over as starter.

A spot start for Malik isn't going to give us any longterm conclusions but it will be interesting to see how a different QB performs for the first time in 3+ years?

It would be lovely if we had an OC with half a brain. I'm not convinced Downing will be able to adequately execute a game plan for Malik, although he has been quite good at scripting drives so maybe?

I expect a grotesque amount of handoffs to henry vs. stacked boxes and malik to throw under 20 times.

Final line
    12/17
    103 yards
    1 TD
    1 INT

With 50ish yards rushing.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Willis took a sack on 13.3% of dropbacks in the preseason and 10.5% of dropbacks his final college season

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Very curious to see how this plays out. Hope for the best, expect the worst, my guess is somewhere in between.

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Probably more successful running than passing. 1 rushing TD 3 int. Our OL and WR aren’t going to help him much his first start. Really wish we had adequately addressed those needs in the off-season. Hopefully we don’t see Woodside on the field.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I have a feeling he’s going to scramble around like his life depended on it and piss Vrabel off in the process LOL.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I won't even judge Willis by stats, nor really care what they will be.

Just protect the ball and don't force any erractic throws.

Do see Henry getting a lot more space to run. Also, could see Malik breaking a massive run. Those 2 should flourish together in the run game.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

9/23

0/1

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  8. HurrayTitans!

Does this also mean there is no backup QB for the game?

if Willis gets hurt/ stinks pretty real bad, there needs to be someone who can step in to handoff.

9. HurrayTitans!

Never mind, found it, out boy Logan Woodside is backup.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

You really think they will have Willis throw 23 passes? No way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar