Expectations after draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RTH, Apr 28, 2015.

?
  1. EXCITEMENT

31.0%
  2. Huh... that's ok

26.2%
  3. pretty blah

9.5%
  4. WAIT... they picked him?!

14.3%
  5. ... GO "insert college football team"!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. BLEARGH! HULK SMASH WEBSTER AND WHIZ!!

19.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

You'd rather have a player with legal problems over a player that is injury prone?

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

how many games has pac missed lately due to suspension?

jake retired due to injuries

hmmm.....decisions decisions

3. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

True, but it is only one case. I think overall as a rule I'd like to think that there is no such thing as injury prone, however there is such a thing as repeated offenses and I like people who give 100% on and off the field rather than just 100% on the field.

Actions reflect our team both on and off the field. Many children want to be like their favorite player.

Do you think in general you would rather have a player with off field issues rather than an injury prone guy or is it just in this case comparing pac man and locker?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. 520

honestly jake left such a bad taste in my mouth, injured all the time, compiled with vy, to a lesser extent, but same story different guy. i might think that a guy is more likely to turn his life around than be able to get ever constant injuries. **** the only reason i didnt play college ball was because my body wouldnt hold up, i sprain my ankles all the time...always hurting something. fractured both wrists, hurt knees plenty of times...

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

I respect your opinion, but I disagree with it. It's all opinions though I'm sure there have been hundreds of cases where injury prone in high school and college people have made it through the NFL uninjured and where people who had multiple criminal offenses in high school and college made it through the NFL without getting into any legal trouble.

It's tough to convince either way what is better out of the two bad situations.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

I'll probably be scratching my f'n head and researching our players that we've never heard of/ replaying the commentators beasting our picks and saying this guy is fast but not a natural football player/wondering why we're going into the season with a third round CB from UCONN (A BASKETBALL SCHOOL) as our starting cb with no free agent pickups.

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Skillset is not what kept VY and Locker from becoming good QBs. Attitude (VY) and injuries (Locker) are what kept them from becoming good QBs.

If Mariota has the same skillset, but isn't injury prone and puts time into learning the position, there is no reason why he shouldn't be successful.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I had totally forgotten about that guy, and yes, I did not care for his off the field antics. Glad he isn't a Titan.

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I got a feeling I'm going to be pretty excited after the draft. I'm leaving the door open to being let down though.

10. 520

ok my new expectations is imma be rollin blunts to celebrate not taking mariota

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar