Expect Young to keep performing, winning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Record, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Titans QB too much of a winner to hit sophomore slump

Vince Young’s play will stay at a Pro Bowl level this season.

Yes, Young already has a trip to Hawaii in his NFL scrapbook after one season. If the kid can book a Pro Bowl berth in a truncated rookie season, why can’t more success come in his first full season as the quarterback of the Tennessee Titans?

Article Here

Drink that kool-aid!!

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I will pay for the plane ticket to Hawaii as long as he gets us what we want the most.

btw..

Am I the only one seriously hyped up for this season who actually thinks we might be way better then what people say? We can basically say we are counted out of making the Playoffs right? What happened the last time people said that?

And im pretty sure Young can run that extra yard. If you know what I mean.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

umm we didn't make it.

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

YOU
    GET
    WHAT
    I
    MEANT

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Is it so hard to spell these days?

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Sorry I stopped watching Sesame Street years ago.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

someone make him a vegemite sandwich. he's getting cranky.

9. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I dont even get what happened. I said what I wanted to say and got a smart remark. Nothing new tho. Shouldn't put too much into it. And going off topic in someones thread is actually rude so yeah im done.

As for the thread. Like I said earlier am I the only one that actually thinks we can do something this year?

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Not the only one... I expect Young to improve as a passer just like he did in his 2nd year in college. I don't expect our offense to be like the Colts, but I do think it will be productive - simply because I think our running game will continue be productive behind an O-line that has come together. I'm still concerned about the defense, but mostly because of the tons of questions about who will play where. I think we should be able to actually stop the run this year, though, which will help a great deal. I think injuries and Haynesworth's suspension hurt us bad against the run, which trickles down into all other areas of defense.

So all in all, if I think we can run and stop the run then I have to believe we'll be in at least 12-14 games going into the 4th quarter (assuming our youth will blow 2-4 games). If we're in the game at the end I'd give Vince the edge 80% of the time, which puts us sneaking in the playoffs. If the defense magically comes together soon, then I can see us looking very good in January, but I expect that will take another year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar