Examining the AFC South in the new power rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky

The Titans were one vote from a unanimous No. 1 in last week's power rankings. This week they won over the lone dissenter, but lost three panelists who dropped them to second, behind the Giants.

To each his own.

But if an undefeated team is first for you and it wins impressively against the team it's been chasing for five years, I don't see how it drops -- even if the Giants beat the highly rated Steelers. Even if the Giants beat the 1979 Steelers.

Here's a breakdown of the division in the balloting.

AFC South Power Rankings
    RankTeamKuharsky
    Last Week
    Kuharsky
    This WeekPanel HighPanel Low1Tennessee111218Indianapolis151713
    Jacksonville5
    25Houston2424
    2028 My rationale on the teams where I was the highest or lowest vote (looking a bit Mavericky) only touches on one team this week:

Dallas is eighth, I had them 15th -- perhaps the Cowboys deserve more credit for the win over Tampa Bay. I still think they are unraveling, and I wouldn't fear them at all before Tony Romo is back under center.

As always, here's a link to an excellent breakdown of the voting by NFC West maven Mike Sando.

More...

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"If the Panthers take care of business while the Tennessee Titans and New York Giants -- No. 1 and No. 2 again this week -- struggle against tougher opponents in November, Carolina might lead these rankings by the middle of next month."

we were up by 17 in the fourth quarter!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar