Even with the Pacman deal

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanpride, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That's not a bad idea, Sox. I'd do it if I thought we could still get Houston, Bowe, Meachem, or maybe even Wright at the bottom of the round. I'd especially do it if we got Turner out of the deal.

I think there's a sacrifice that has to be made somewhere. It's going to be either get a top WR or top CB. I almost feel like the DE value is in the 2nd, but there will be a couple of hangers-on in the third. The last group of DEs I'd take: Francis, Moore, Bazuin, maybe Atkins. Wouldn't mind Ray McDonald in 3, since he could play end or tackle, perhaps, but he might go higher. A couple of these DEs might last until 4.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Reese's philosophy might have been the problem with our lack of a true #1.

I'm still half-expecting DJack for a 4th on draft day as a veteran and passable, temporary #1, so they can go DE/CB, CB/DE then WR/BPA on day one.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I like a few guys outside of one, but I wouldn't really be looking to them to be starters anytime soon. I don't think this Steve Smith will ever be more than a #2. Gonzo, neither, and those guys are considered the top of the next tier. Jacoby Jones and David Ball are my sleepers who could surprise later, in 3-4. I think if we want a known quantity, we have to take them early.

I guess I just feel we have enough depth already. I think Ginn could contribute in certain situations, but I feel we could get something real out of Bowe or Meachem their rookie year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar