Even with the Pacman deal

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanpride, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Im not a Ginn fan... but if we do go receiver in the first, I'd rather take a " Red Zone " receiver like Bowe or Jarrett. Honestly, Ginn might be to fast ( I know that sounds crazy ) but Young does not throw a good deep-ball, he's in-accurate and under throws a'lot of the time. Ginn doesn't come across as a developed receiver... more of a track guy that plays football, just my opinion though.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd say that's pretty much the consensus breakdown on him.

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Yeah you'll say that now.. But when he comes into the League and beasts all over defences what are you gonna say?

Im tellin ya. It would be wise for us to take a look at him.

4. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

He reminds me of a Desmond Howard or Rocket Ismail.

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Im tellin ya hes gonna be the next Steve Smith. A faster Smith. Heck even faster then Stallworth...

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO if one of the top DEs isn't available at #19 and we choose not to grab one of the two top CBs our best bet is to trade down and try to get another 2nd or 3rd round pick.

The most value in the draft might be the second or third rounds where the second tier players at CB, DE and WR are not a huge drop off.

7. Dr.Awkward

Dr.Awkward Camp Fodder

I think VY throws a great deep ball... in fact, I would venture to say that when he's throwing deep on the run, he's the most accurate, followed by just throwing deep. The problem with the deepball this year has been the dropped passes. Remember Roydell dropping a perfect bomb in preseason, Bennett dropping a perfect bomb at the beginning of the second houston game? He throws the deep ball just fine.

VY has most of his passing trouble in the within 5-15 yard range. He's just not very accurate. Especially towards the end of the reason, his short passes were consistantly too high. The recievers would have to jump up to catch the ball, precluding any decent yardard after catch.

Anyway, I just wanted to defend vy's deep ball. I think it's good.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Heck if Ginn only hits the field as a return guy he's worth a look.
    Field position is too important to pass on this guy if he's still there..

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

you don't a player round one to just return kicks, if we take him as a WR and he also happens to run back kicks, that's fine, but suggesting that we use our first rounder on a guy that's only hitting the field as a return guy, that's a wasted pick.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Oh yeah, not to mention Wade dropping the winning TD in the first Colts game that kept us, in the end, from being in the playoffs. Can't forget that one, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar