Even with the Pacman deal

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanpride, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

we should seriously go after Dwayne Bowe or Robert Meachem. If we do go after a CB and Houston is off the board... we should consider Aaron Ross.

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I really don't like the idea of WR round one, and I haven't for a while. THere are some good recievers in this draft that can be had late, like Steve Smith, he'll be there in round 2, possibly 3.

3. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I agree, and with Reese as GM... his theroy was to draft receivers in the mid-2-late round and let their position coaches develope them. The last time we took a receiver in the first was Dyson, and that didn't work out. My thought is with the new GM... I'm not sure what his draft theroy is. Off the top of my head... out of the last 8 first round picks... we've draft 6 defensive players. I would love to get Jason Hill in the second, and focus on defense in the first. if they are looking at a receiver in the first to give Young a legit playmaker... Bowe or Meachem.

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

If we go reciever in round 1....

well...

[​IMG]

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's not happening...:))

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

We should give it some thought tho. We do need a returner now. Plus we get a reciever.

But nah I think its pretty obvious were going defence now

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

why does it seem like I'm the only one more worried about replacing Pac's production as a CB more than replacing his production as a returner? I read in one of the articles that Pac allowed six receptions last year in man coverage, how do you replace a cover guy like that? it's a lot easier to replace a good returner, you can just use better blockers or an offense that can move the ball and there isn't a huge dropoff from a great returner.

8. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Haper and Finnegan....

im fine with that..

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I hope they do well, but there will be greater dropoff at CB than returning

10. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

you gotta remember this tho.

pacman won us alot of more games returning if you really think about it..

He got us in excelent field position so many times...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar