Evaluating Mularkey....9 games...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

"As for the Colts win, it was against a bad Titans defense. I don't know if coaching had much to do with it."

There you go again defending bad coaching. The colts beat us with 2 QBs who were not even nfl backups. Freeman was playing semipro ball. Their offensive line was among the worst in the league and they have an over the hill RB.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would never discourage anybody from being a Titan fan. Despite our failures i'm proud to be a Titan fan and it's been a pleasure having them here. They moved to Tennessee the same year I did and i'll always be a fan as long as they are here.

Of course most of us have a college team to fall back on and being a Bama fan softens the blow on Sundays.

I hate to say this but this fan base particularly those from outside the region are quite pathetic both in their lack of knowledge and lack of enthusiasm. We actually had morons cheering for us not to make the playoffs so we could make a coaching change and get a higher pick.

About 50% of the posters here think that the objective of an nfl team is to get the highest draft position possible so they are happy when we fail.

#62 RollTide, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Because of Mettenberger you cant even get a good read on what those last 3 games were. In evaluating Mularkey one should look at week-9 thru week-14 (6 games) for any silver lining.

5. donny bee

donny bee Special Teams Standout

I think over on Rams Talk the majority of the posters were "Negative Nancies" too... I wonder if it's just the nature of chat boards. Or maybe it's the perpetual unsuccessful franchises. I wonder what fans talk about when their team is always winning lol... that's OK I'm not gonna be a bandwagon jumper haha

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No. I'm saying suck players trumps poor coaching and the Colts, even with their scrubs, were better.

I'll explain myself again...

Mularkey took over a bad team that only got worse with the loss of key players. He had limited ability to change systems. Based on these two things, I am not shocked we lost most of the games down the stretch.

What concerns me is that Mularkey had a chance to begin changing the culture to what he says he wants now... toughness. After a win in New Orleans, the Titans rolled over for the Panthers in the second half of that game and then proceeded to look anything but tough for most of the rest of the season.

Mularkey, just now on a radio interview, said the team played hard all season long and I take issue with that because I saw players just going through the motions too often. Mularkey failed to inject his toughness yet thinks he can to do it now? That's what I wanted to hear asked yesterday.

So, to recap, my objection to Mularkey isn't about Xs and Os. I didn't expect him to come in and the Titans run off a big winning streak. I did expect Mularkey to begin changing the culture and he didn't and, IMO, is kidding himself about it now if he thinks this team played tough last season.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
    • High Five High Five x 2
  7. donny bee

donny bee Special Teams Standout

Kuharsky has been a great follow thanks!

Kuharsky has been a great follow thanks!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

And tbh it's been that pattern at every stop where he's been HC. Depressing to me.

9. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yeppers, players like him because he's a pushover. Owners like him because he's the best cheap option. Fans are upset because he's unlikely to win many games.

Two out of three, right?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. brian82

brian82 Rookie

All of mularkeys HC seasons have been bad, he is 1. A brilliant bull s****er or 2. Him and AAS have been getting freaky as its not a job that's been given his performance or credibility as a HC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar