Evaluating Mularkey....9 games...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donny bee

donny bee Special Teams Standout

As a former Ram fan I'm thinking of becoming a Titan fan. With family from the state and have always enjoyed my trips to Tennessee seems like a good choice. I don't know much about the current roster other than I like Mariota and DGB. Lewan seemed like a good pick too. Don't know how much Mularkey excites me. I like Horton though. So where are the good follows or Titan writers I should follow?

• Cheers Cheers x 4
  2. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Paul Kuharsky. Anyone else is on the front office payroll, either directly or indirectly. I hated PK for many many years, but he is the only guy who doesn't lose his job and keeps getting paychecks even if he doesn't tow the company line. If you don't believe me compare what he writes to what anyone else writes.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

Good luck buddy. As a fan since 1999 we have had a few fun years and a whole lot of frustration. Why anyone would choose the Titans at this point in time is beyond me. Having said that.. Agree with Paul Kuharsky and I also enjoy following Jason Wolf.

4. donny bee

Thanks guys! I guess I'm used to lean years. After the Greatest Show On Turf Era it's been a whole lot of bad football. I like a challenge and I really am a fan of the state TN. Actually thinking about moving there after retirement. I'll look up those writers!

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Oh, I will watch...the way people watch a wreck on the interstate as they drive by on their way....until the ownership gets their heads out of their collective A$$es I shall be a rubber-neck fan watching the dumpster fire continue. GO PATS

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Dude, go somewhere else....why on earth would you BEGIN to follow this piece of **** organization now...you must really, really like pain. LOL

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

My point is winning versus just playing with heart. I don't think any coach would have won many games with this team in the final few games.

However, I do think playing with intensity must happen regardless of the outcome of the games. Even in a losing effort, I want to see the team swarming to the football. Finishing blocks. Playing hard. Showing some pride, intensity, swagger, etc.

The Titans hung in a half versus the Panthers then rolled over and seemed lay there for the rest of the season. By the final game against the Texans, many were just going through the motions. THAT, IMO, is inexcusable and why I didn't want Mularkey.

As for the Colts win, it was against a bad Titans defense. I don't know if coaching had much to do with it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. donny bee

Haha I guess I'm somewhat numb to it lol I thought about returning to my childhood team the Cardinals but I'm still a little butt hurt from when they left. Thought about the in state Chefs but KC/STL don't play well together haha. So I'm thinking I'll pull for my relatives team and maybe go hang out with them at a game.

9. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I agree. The biggest change we needed was a culture change. With MM, we're only getting more of the same. I mean think about it, we're not getting any decent coordinators to come here, and if we're not playing motivated football, we have no chance to win! None! Our GM better have a magic 8ball and start drafting us HoF caliber players because we know our coaches aren't going to get it done.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So no response about how a whole team decides to tank for the higher draft choice? A poster puts that out there and disappears. He didn't say the team was out of the playoff hunt and had nothing to play for he specifically said "they decided to tank".

That needs to be explored. That is a major charge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar