Eugene Willson...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JJM1181, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJM1181

JJM1181 Camp Fodder

The more and more I read about this guy...the more I think we need him.

Especially if they believe Hope is going to have lingering neck problems, Eugene could be a great pickup.

He was a 2nd round pick in 2003, so he was talented coming out of college.

Supposidly he's going to make a decision relatively soon on who to sign with. We could definately use this guy.

2. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

He would be a solid addition. Im all for it.

3. DJB

DJB Starter

I personally dont think they would have released Herndon without thinking they are going to get Wilson to sign here

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think we need some linebacker depth more than safety.

5. They simply didn't want to pay his roster bonus... :greedy:

6. HorusKing

HorusKing Guest

Eugene wilson is very good and I don't think Chris Hope will not be the same period. Lets sign him now!!!!!!

7. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

i think eugene wilson is one of the key additions we need, him and either hackett and/or johnson.

8. HorusKing

HorusKing Guest

Not much of a hackett fan I think he is on the same level as Justin gage who I think we just blew money on. Johnson has the most upside of the free agen wr's but we need to do a better job drafting wr's we need to go to the days of Ernest givens & Heywood Jefferies type wr's.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Eugene would be a very solid pickup. Versatile contributer in our secondary, he can play S or CB. Gives us much more options and an insurance policy if Hope doesn't recover but I think Hope will return to form and Wilson will be a CB.

If we got Wilson and Johnson I wouldn't care if we signed another player before the draft.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

my question to u is did u mean to have that 'not'

if u did mean what u said - than yes i agree...from what im reading/hearing he seems to be comin along nicely...he suffered a very serious injury and he will already be fine for mini-camp. he is a very very good player - he was ranked (surprisingly this yr by i tihnk hardfootballfacts.com as our most underrated player)

But from ur context it seems as though u didnt mean to have that 'not'.....if so than i see ur point...but i think wilson will want starters money so im not sure i'd want that. id rather use our money else where (assuming we actually use it). also i think calvin is a first rate young backup. he played decent in both safety positions and if he continues growing i dont think we need wilson.

watch for that double negative...hahah

interestin point - grif practiced at CB. pac prob gone... Wilson young/plays FS beside hope. harper old....c where im heading....but id rather hv grif stay a stud at FS though an not move grif to eventualy replace harper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar