ESPN's Tim Hasselbeck: Tennessee Titans 'logical fit' for brother Matt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Call it old fashioned but I don't know no other way.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Being a yes sir man almost got me illegally framed by the cops.

And I'm a business owner myself. My dads a business owner. I am "respectful" to everybody, but I only truly respect those who earn it. For example, I don't respect half the politicians in Washington. Don't respect some officers. Don't respect some business owners.

Does it mean I treat them different? No. But just because you have a title doesn't mean you earned and/or deserve it. If that was the case our country wouldn't be in such bad shape as it is.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I totally agree Big Time. Curious though, respect aside... to Ten Titans... what exactly sucks so bad about my post? I'm wondering. I always thought Brett Favre hampered Aaaron Rodgers development. I know very little about Warner and Leinart, but I know Warner played behind Favre and likely learned cold shoulder from him... Warner under Vermeil learned it was dog eat dog with whoever that injured Rams starter was. How did Manning-Warner fly in New York? I don't know man.. I just think McNabb won't be a teacher type and I understand that some guys aren't cut out to train replacements. Pride can do that. I'd just rather ask you than let you tag it "sucks" and leave it at that.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

McNabb won't help Locker out at all. All he'll be worried about is proving himself and getting another contract.

If we're going for the teacher aspect then Hasselbeck and he can be a good QB for us. If we want BPA then McNabb or Orton.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I've actually missed you Burner. Where have you been?
    Glad someone sees what I'm saying.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep, it should all be about Locker in 2013

but honestly I would love to see a Locker package in place every week, probably not gonna happen.

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

He's banged up bad and will be 35 during the season, he probably has maybe 2 good years left. I don't see McNabb hurting Locker's development if it's a 2 year deal. Even if he does play 2 good seasons with us, let him go anyway when his contract is up and then give the torch to Locker.

With that being said, it's all good either way, I'm perfectly content with someone like Hasselbeck because I have faith Locker will be a quick learner, and I honestly think Hasselbeck will lose his starting job before the end of the season.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I'm ok with McNabb either way. He's just not ideal.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I just want a winner at QB. I don't care at all about having a mentor for Locker. He's a hard worker, very coachable, and will work on his game. If were not playing Locker then I want a Qb who can win now. I think we have to good of a team to just take seasons off. I don't want our weakest link to be our QB. Not when were releasing one who wins.

10. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

McNabb and Hasselbeck are both career West Coast guys - that's not what Palmer runs by a long shot. I'm not sure how much that matters but just a comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar