ESPN's Ron Jaworski changing tune about this Quarterback

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Who is that? If you even say Logan Thomas......

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You really didn't get it, did you?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I watched 5 Johnny Manziel games today.

In short, I saw a Qb who is one of the most dynamic athlete at the position I've ever seen. He has unbelievable speed and vision when running. And then I saw a bunch of worrisome throwing traits.

More to come on this guy in my detailed Qb class assessment thread in 2 weeks. But in short, now that I've studied 5 games, no.

4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Been in two and counting....WINNING!

5. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Yeah, and Bridgewater did not nearly have the O-line Manziel had and he did not have Mike Evans to throw to.

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Post some of these films! I appreciate good acting.

8. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

This is the reason you don't draft him. He will see more defenses like LSU than Duke in the NFL (I mention Duke because everyone highlights the scramble play he made against Duke). I do think he can make plays, but I am not confident in his consistency. Don't read too much into a pro day. Jamarcus Russell supposedly had the greatest pro day in nfl history, now he works at a Kwik-E-Mart.

9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

The only reason he is considered a late round pick is because he got snubbed from the Combine. The only reason he got snubbed was because he plays for Wyoming.

Watch some of his film. He plays just like Manziel, but he is bigger, taller, makes better decisions, and is also faster.

The biggest knock against him was footwork and a wanky release. He told reporters that both were by design. His coaches (now fired) told him to release the ball as fast as he possibly could. So he did. And he has easily fixed both of those.

I have family in Wyoming and I watched his games. His team was terrible, his coaching was terrible, and it was still readily apparent he is one of the best QBs in this class.

He will either completely bust or be one of the best QBs in the draft. I would bet on the latter, but either way, a 6th round pick on a guy with first round talent is better than a 4th round pick on a guy like Aaron Murray with 4th round talent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar