ESPN's Ron Jaworski changing tune about this Quarterback

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'd take manziel at #11.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yes, now go analyze some legos

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

To do what, Quarterback the Titans?

4. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I'm not big on Manziel, but if he is there at 11, it is kind of hard to pass up on him.

If he is there and they pull the trigger and draft him, I honestly would not blame them.

He has the talent to become a great Qb.

Plus marketability, dude is on a McDonald's commercial with LeBron James.

I doubt he will slip to 11 tho.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I bet you'll be surprised. One or two of those top 3 or 4 will fall, I bet. QB is the most risky venture there is in the top 10, when there are some solid defensive players, Tackles, etc. worthy of being in the top 10.

Some franchises out there will not be sold enough on one of these dudes to take them top 10. When you have a rush for QBs in the top 10-15, it gets ugly for all teams involved. Ala Gabbert, Locker, Ponder.

Desperation is a stinky cologne, and these GMs know that.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

So let me get this straight. Everyone is all high on Manziel now because of pro-day reports?
    Good grief..

• High Five High Five x 7
  7. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

anytime skip bayless gives advice, do the exact opposite. he's a moron of epic proportions.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. nickmsmith

It's pretty ridiculous how much one day, or one game makes a prospect.

Jamarcus Russell earned the #1 pick because he beat Brady Quinn and the ND Irish. One game. He was horrible every game after.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Anyone that watched Bridgewater's pro day and manziel's can see that it is not even close between the two. Not to mention watching both teams play. Manziel did it in the sec and Louisville was playing florida int , etc and bridgewater never really lit it up against anybody. I want Barr or Mack at 11 or trade down but if manziel is there it will be hard not to take him.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. nickmsmith

That very well could be true.. but McNair and Flacco did not play against any quality competition, and McCarron, and every SEC NFL non-factor QB played against the best, and many succeeded in the college ranks.

I'm sure Aaron Rodgers' stock fell due to his pro day as well.

It's such a crapshoot.

It's more about how a guy can learn and adapt his play to the NFL level, and that much can't really be known until they get there.

The NFL system kind of sucks that these rookie QBs have no time to be groomed for NFL play. it's either succeed now, or you're done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar