ESPN the Mag Tries to Give Us Credit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vslyke, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

They miss a good bit of information but at least they tried. Some highlights:

That's the Texans. :rolleyes:

You have got to be kidding me. There are plenty of reasons to argue that Collins is a better fit for the team, but that is not one. 6% on such a small sample size is a small difference, VY is only in his 3rd year, and Collins has actually played with real WRs. Give me a break. We won't even throw it deep much.

They do mention Finny as one of the reasons we are doing so well, but they should not make stupid arguments like these. If you are going to jump on the bandwagon, you might as well get the facts right.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

3. vslyke

Jeremy Green named him as the defensive surprise of the year thus far. He made smart a** comment about how he learned the technique, and that's why he's exploding.

He already has a 180 tackles. That's a ton for a third year corner, expecially one who has only started for a little over a year.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Finnegan is an absolute beast. ESPN is getting pathetic. They need to actually get their facts straight. Wasn't it their fantasy football magazine that had like 50 errors? I barely even watch it anymore. I get my team's news from messageboards, newspapers, team sites, blogs, and whatever else. I don't need these guys to all of a sudden jump on our bandwagon just like what ESPN did with Cleveland last year.

5. vslyke

Yep. that was them. They have a few guys (I always thought Clayton is one of the better sportscasters) who are worth listening to. The rest is just filler. They do have the advantage of being able to swarm on anything (TO, PacMan, etc.) but they rarely do any real work.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Clayton is really good. I like Mortenson also. Honestly, I think Michael Smith is a great one.

7. vslyke

Mort is good as well. Smith is OK.

Want to know what Mort, Clayton, and Jaws have in common? They're old hires. They can't hire anyone good nowadays.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think we go from man to zone depending on the play. we use a stretch that is pure zone blocking, but usually when hall is in it goes right back to man.

9. vslyke

Really? I had always heard of us as a man blocking team. Frankly, I never stopped to watch for myself. :grrhee: Still, they should have made that clear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar