ESPN ranks Titan's O-Line 17th?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by brianmaxwell, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Audio man that's not true at all. Vince came into the league with enormous hype and attention, madden cover etc. and we certainly got our fair amount of attention with pacman albeit unwanted attention.

There are 32 teams so why would you expect every 8-8 team to get tons of national media attention? And who gives a flying bleep about where one writer ranks us before the season even starts?

The media pays attention to individuals more than teams. Brady, tomlinson and manning. Vick was hyped big time his first few years. Bush(aka bust) is still getting more attention than he deserves.

2. Audioman

Audioman Camp Fodder

RollTide, maybe we are talking about 2 different things. If the Titans are your beat as a
    writer, then you should have a clue about what makes the team tick. TitanJeff has a lot more insight into the Titans than most AFC south writers or pundits and it's not even his job! Of course if you are hyped(like Vince) or doing well in the standings you garner more attention, but that's not what I mean.I am talking about reasoned analysis by pro writers.It's their job. I don't mean one has to agree with the way I think, just that you have a good argument based on knowledge especially if it is your job. I don't always agree with you, but your opinions are based on good knowledge and you can back it up.
    I don't need for the Titans to have have huge national attention, but when they have to
    write about them, know more than just what's on ESPN.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Actually most of those guys do know the team. I thought the complaint was the stupid meaningless o-line rankings and how that is supposed to be indicative of something.

I agree jeff can be absolutely brilliant sometimes. When he is agreeing with me. :grrhee:

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:tongue:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar