ESPN ranks Titan's O-Line 17th?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by brianmaxwell, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

When Big Country signs a nice contract our OL will suddenly look better IMO. It is all about exposure and certainly our offense not being very good statistically has to play into people's thinking as well. Take the same OL and put the Colts skill players behind it and all of a sudden the same guys would be rated near the top.

2. Overalls

Overalls Starter

You do realize of course that the Texans were ranked only 2 spots below the your vaulted O-line don't you. You also, of course are aware of the fact that the Titans O-line gave up more sacks than did the Texans O-line last season. How about we are bringing in a new center that is already familiar with the system we run or about the fact that we drafted an O-lineman in the 1st round of draft this past April. Or about the fact that while the Titans are talking about how greatly their new/old OC is going to improve their offense the Texans are saying the same thing about Gibbs. But oh well. It is better for some to live in the dark than for them to be informed in their opinion. It works better for their miopic world view.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Finally the texans address their o-line, only took em 5 years.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Let's see. Last season we were #5 in rush offense, but we have a below average oline? Yes, we lost Benji and Bell, but we signed Jake Scott, a more than able replacement for Bell, and Benji will be replaced by a player who has had as much playing time as he did last year.

Personally I could care less what they think of us, but anyone that puts credence in it is silly.

5. Audioman

Audioman Camp Fodder

RT, that was the only year the team has gotten love. We were considered
    the favorite for the Super Bowl because we were the most 'balanced' team.
    The media couldn't ignore back to back 13-3 seasons, since then, back to
    underrated.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think it's a little low on the ranking.

I see the Eagles rated better. The rest don't make as much sense to me.

I think our interior line is questionable. Mawae looked slower at times last season, and we have new guards starting for us. Important for them to work well together for the line to stay dominant. Probably as important to the O as anything this coming season.

7. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

You do realize that our d-lineman put your starting quarterback on the bench in both of our last 2 meetings. We blow up your back field every time we play thats all i was stating. We will see how your new line performs against us next time and i cant wait.:eek::eek::eek:

Is miopic even a word? lol

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Oh i see we have to win for people to pay us some attention. Isn't that a bit too obvious?

Nobody and i mean nobody gave half a darn about the football team in indy before 1998. Nobody i mean nobody paid a minute of attention to the patriots prior to 2001 and tom brady. The pats were the #4 franchise in their own town for crying out loud! Yes you have to win.

9. Audioman

Audioman Camp Fodder

It's not about attention per se, it's about over or under rating a team. In 2000 we
    were not expected to go 13-3. We did, and THEN we were getting a fair analysis
    because of the extra attention from our record. If we are 8-8 they don't have a clue.
    I am resigned to accept the inevitable- poor or lazy sportswriters.

10. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

What exactly do the Titans have for sportswriters to write about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar