ESPN/PFF - "The Missing Pieces"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Can you list who are our good and average players?

How many elite players are there at each position or are they basing this off their graded #? Of course, I find there grades to be laughable...but I'm slightly curious how accurate or off I think they are.

Delanie Walker had 4th most yards by a TE (more than Jimmy Graham) and had the 2nd best ypc avg (better than Gronk, Graham, etc). Coby Fleener was highest among TE's with at least 40 catches. Only place Walker falls short is TD's...but that's hardly his fault that he played on the worst offense in the league.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I like your avatar.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You can't always go by these dumb PFF statistics though.

They proved me wrong about Oher. He was as bad as they said he was.

But the point is... Just because they say Casey and Walker aren't elite doesn't make it true. I've watched enough to know they're elite, regardless of what PFF says. Walker had an elite year with no QB... I can't even imagine what the dude would do with a good QB. He'd be top 5 in everyone's eyes. He's certainly top 10, and I don't think that can be argued. Remember in 2013 when Casey had the most sacks of all DTs in the league and didn't even make the Pro Bowl? Did that make him not elite as well?

Again, PFF was created by a British dude who hadn't even seen a game of football until he was in his 40s. So we're going to trust a bunch of British nerds to tell us who's elite and who isn't?

You know how I determine who's elite and who isn't? I watch the damn games and see it with my own eyes.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Good:
    • OLB Derrick Morgan
    • DE Jurrell Casey
    • TE Delanie Walker

Average:
    • G Chance Warmack
    • OT Michael Roos
    • ILB Avery Williamson
    • OT Taylor Lewan
    • DE Ropati Pitoitua
    • S Bernard Pollard
    • CB Marqueston Huff
    • QB Charlie Whitehurst
    • DE Karl Klug
    • RB Bishop Sankey
    • DT Al Woods
    • CB Jason McCourty
    • WR Kendall Wright
    • G Andy Levitre
    • DE Mike Martin
    • QB Zach Mettenberger
    • S Daimion Stafford
    • C Chris Spencer
    • DT Sammie Hill
    • ILB Wesley Woodyard
    • WR Nate Washington
    • WR Derek Hagan
    • C Brian Schwenke

I believe they are listed in order from like how close an average player is to being good, etc.

I don't an exact # of how many elite players per position. I would assume they have a certain grade for the "elite" caterogy, but do not have PFF gold membership anymore to view each players ratings. @JCBRAVE did you ever sign up for a membership?

Delaine is probably extremely close to the "elite" category. However, his QB play and potentially blocking may have kept him out of the "elite".

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

PFF def can be hit or miss, but normally they're pretty close. You can always skew stats to look good/bad for your argument.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I had access til a week ago. Was doing the monthly thing after your subscription ran out

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

PFF says Levitre is average?

If Levitre is average, how is Lewan average too?

This makes no sense. Once again, PFF is dumb. Just sayin'...

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Their grades are awfully close to reality. Casey would be elite with help. No one here who elevates him to the next level. Same with Walker.

9. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Derrick Morgan is average Pollard and Wright are good.

• Troll Troll x 1
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

"Elite" is totally subjective but I don't believe either qualify. IMO elite players not only CAN take over a game but do so on a fairly regular basis. Walker had a couple big games but IMO that was more the result of how pitiful the rest of our offensive roster was and certainly did not result in wins.

Same kinda deal with Casey. 5 sacks and 0 turnovers. He's a damn good player but he didn't have nearly the kind of impact you'd expect from an elite player.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar