ESPN Dumps Hank Jr intro for good

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by skitch, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Need Vince McMahon.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TEcZZw7LJs0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

I think they should get Tim McGraw.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I agree 3HL....Kid Rock would be perfect.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Perfect for a role as an @##hole on Joe Dirt. The role he was born to play.
    Everything else, not so much.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Lonely Island is a good idea actually.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

requesting Charlie Daniels... and please play devil went down to the georgia everytime the falcons play

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

My idea that will never happen:

Have 17 musical artists write their own intro song and assign them a game throughout the year. Hold voting on NFL.com as to which one was the best. Winner gets to play the Superbowl halftime show.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Do you guys seriously think that Andy Samberg/The Lonely Island is a good idea? I love those guys, but that idea is awful. To say that it would bring a new audience to football is laughable. Football's audience can't get any bigger. Everyone is aware of the NFL and no one is going to randomly come across a great theme song while channel surfing and then sit through an entire 3-hour football game because they liked the song so much. The few die-hard comedy fans out there who don't like football at all aren't going to be converted by Andy Samberg singing the theme song. What actually might happen is that a bunch of older guys who love football will hate the new song and think it's a joke (which it would be). The NFL doesn't exactly need to be pushing a parody of itself at this point. Even if it wanted to do that, just make some web videos or something and you would accomplish the same goal. Don't create a joke of a theme song that you will have to play every Monday night from now until forever. Comedy songs work once or twice; they don't have a long shelf life.

If the replacement is anyone, it will be some vanilla singer that the whole country either likes or is ambivalent about.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It wouldn't take much of a production effort to show a montage of highlights of both weekly teams.

This done with a modern or classic song to soundtrack the highlights which is in some way linked to the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar